XBMCbuntu Terminal Freeze / No HDMI Audio / Bad Resolution
I'm using an HP tablet with HDMI out running XBMCbuntu Eden Beta 3.

Problem #1: Error using 1920x1080 (1080p) resolution.

Laptop was able to output at 1080p when running XBMC under Windows 7, but with Ubuntu can't display it properly.

My television is 1080p, but the laptop's screen is 1280x800. XBMC defaults to 1280x800 and sends it to the TV. If a larger one is selected in [System>Video Output] XBMC becomes cropped by half and shifted to the upper left corner of the display.

Problem #2: Terminal Freezes

I attempted to use xrandr to disable the laptop's screen and force 1080p, but if I press Ctrl+Alt+F1 to access terminal XBMC freezes (home screen news ticker stops) and won't respond to any input except Ctrl+Alt+Del which reboots.

Problem #3: No HDMI audio

Video output works, with the above caveat, but no sound is heard from HDMI. I've tried various combinations in [System>Audio Output] but am unsure of the correct combination of settings to output sound via HDMI. Right now I'm using the analog headphone jack but I'd like digital audio.

Any help with any of these problems much appreciated.
Update: I can get XBMC to display in full screen by exiting XBMC, logging into the openbox desktop, using xrandr to change the resolution, THEN opening XBMC and changing the settings resolution there.

So I now now it IS possible to run XBMC in 1080p from this machine.

I added xrandr commands disabling the laptop screen and setting the TV to 1920x1080 to my .bashrc, but the resolution always reverts to 1280x800 once XBMC starts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu Terminal Freeze / No HDMI Audio / Bad Resolution0