Scraped with MetaBrowser and now want to stop using it....
I originally scraped with xbmc and then went and used xbmc but it got rid of all my links to youtube trailers!

So I want to stop using MetaBrowser and just use the scraping addons inside XBMC!

How do I rescan my library to change the NFO's to link youtube trailers again?
If you have nfo files already then you'll need to remove them first in order to get stuff re-scanned from scratch (or refresh one-by-one)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Seriously?! Jeeze! Ok.... only 433 movies to go...! I'll try to get metabrowser to find the links then I'll stop using it from now on!

Thanks.
I don't have a problem with an advancedsetting to ignore local information - something for post-Eden.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

So not this iteration?
No

There's a quick way to restart your library if you want xbmc to rescrape your current movies.

Remove your NFO files. Set the source content to none.after done that set it back to movies and xbmc will start scanning
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Correct.

(2012-03-13, 03:40)crimsonfury Wrote: Seriously?! Jeeze! Ok.... only 433 movies to go...! I'll try to get metabrowser to find the links then I'll stop using it from now on!

Thanks.

a quick way to remove all your info files if you are using Windows is to go to the command prompt, navigate to your movie directory and type "del /s *.nfo". or to be extra sure, "del /s c:\MyMovieLibraryPath\*.nfo"

BE VERY CAREFUL!!!! I would make a quick copy of part of your movie folder in a temporary directory and test this first in the copy before trying it on your library.
Ok I'll try Martijn's advice....

As far as local folder(poster/backgrounds in each movie folder) vs xbmc scraping goes which is faster load times, when accessing from another htpc on the network?

Meaning wouldn't xbmc load faster from the second htpc if all of the poster/backgrounds were stored in each movie's folder?

Iron Man 2/

Iron Man 2.mkv
Folder.jpg
Fanart.jpg
Extrafanart/ fanart.jpg, fanart2.jpg etc......

Also How do I rename movie files automatically? Like if they have bla.iron.man.bla.2009.mkv and I want just the movie name?
Try using TheRenamer to rename your movie files, works very nicely in batch form. As with my suggestion for mass deleting your nfo files, I would recommend trying therenamer with a small subset of your library first.
Ok. So I found out I could still use metabrowser for what is in there already and just change the trailer URL fetcher to TMDb instead of IMDb and it worked! But I'm still undecided on wether it's better to use it or just use xbmc....

Would it be better to have all of the metadata in each folder for another htpc to share? I want ease of use and speed when I add another htpc to my network soon.
i personally prefer to have all my artwork, images, extrafanart, etc, with each movie, etc for consistency. I have both XBMC and popcorn hour devices and this way they all display the same information. It's a personal choice, but it certainly simplifies things once you have it all centrally located.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraped with MetaBrowser and now want to stop using it....0