[LIVE] No thumbs/fanart being saved
SOLVED - Edited to remove irrelevant information:
I noticed that any new movie/tv show scrapes were not importing the associated poster or fanart. I pre-scrape all my stuff with emm, so I knew the images were available. When I set up a source and scaned for new media no images were being saved and XBMC would just show a blank space where the poster belonged. I enabled debug logging and looked at the log file. I saw that XBMC was unable to create the necessary directories and files.

I have posted a clean boot-up log file where you can repeatedly see "CreateDirectory, cant create dir". Of course when scraping it says the same thing about each image file it tries to save.

It seems like some sort of permissions problem, but I can create directories and files just fine from the command line.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://pastebin.com/Fiyc7mEf

Code:
21:30:13 T:3049805696 M:1434406912   ERROR: Create - Error creating /home/patrick/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/Video
21:30:13 T:3049805696 M:1434406912   ERROR: Create - Error creating special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video
21:30:13 T:3049805696 M:1434406912 WARNING: CreateDirectory, cant create dir

The details:
My HTPC is an Acer Revo 1600

I am running XBMCFreak's XBMC Live 10.1 for MS Remote users from: http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/en/downloads/ (Ubuntu 10.04.2). I installed this version of XBMC onto the Revo's internal HDD to revert from a botched XBMCbuntu install. The drive was completely formatted and re-partitioned.

Ubuntu 10.04.2
kernel 2.6.32-29-generic
Do you think something like this would do what I need?
Code:
sudo chmod 777 -R /home/patrick/.xbmc/userdata/

Thanks for any help.
Well, it turns out I only thought I was able to create directories from the command line. I was using "sudo mkdir" out of habit without realizing it.

I'm not sure why the permissions were set up the way they were, but the solution above worked for me and all is well now. I would delete the entire thread, but the root of the problem still may apply to someone else.

If for some reason your XBMC install can't write to your ~/.xbmc directory, execute the command in post #2. Except substitute your home directory for /home/patrick

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] No thumbs/fanart being saved0