Help Needed Show This keeps being re-installed
I really don't know where this is coming from. I can't find it anywhere in my folders , but I have a TV show called " Magic Users Club " that keeps re-installing no matter how many times I delete it.

It's been there since day one and just will not go away. It appears to be an Anime show by the logo displayed but not sure what it really is. I delete it each time it comes back, but as soon as I restart XBMC it scrapes and back it comes. Very frustrating, hopefully someone out there has encountered this as well and knows the solution.

Cheer's
Next time you have the mysterious 'Magic User Club' in focus... with the information command in file mode (or any mode) see if you can see it's location/path. It's most likely an improperly named video that is causing XBMC scrapers to default to that show... you delete it in the library and , it will come back. Solution is to remove the name/folder and change settings so the XBMC no longer scans it, or manually scan it correctly. Be sure to use the clean-up function between modifications to your library.
(2012-03-13, 16:31)John_D Wrote: I really don't know where this is coming from. I can't find it anywhere in my folders , but I have a TV show called " Magic Users Club " that keeps re-installing no matter how many times I delete it.

It's been there since day one and just will not go away. It appears to be an Anime show by the logo displayed but not sure what it really is. I delete it each time it comes back, but as soon as I restart XBMC it scrapes and back it comes. Very frustrating, hopefully someone out there has encountered this as well and knows the solution.

Cheer's

Go into XBMC, delete it, go to Settings>Video>Library and select "Clean Library", wait, ensure that it no longer appears. Enable Settings>Video>Library>Update Library on Startup. Enable System>Debugging and exit.

Boot up, wait 30sec, and if it re-appears exit and post your Debug Log here via www.pastebin.com.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Hi DDDamian .( Magic User user Club came back ) Im not the most technical guy,

I have followed the instructions above but can you give me a clue as to where I will find this log saved ? Sorry I searched here for debug log and can't find the answer anywhere. I even went to youboob and the video there showed an add-on for the log-file but I can't even find that log-file add-on program, So I'm guessing that this is a integrated feature in Eden 11.00 Sorry I forgot to mention that in original post.
Sounds to me like you have an improperly named show that is close to that name and the scraper is picking the Magic User Club as the name. Look and see what show you have missing and check the name of that show with whatever scraper you are using to ensure it's named correctly.

So
1. Check and see what tv show you are missing.
2. Check how you have that show named
3. Go to the website of the scraper you are using.
4. Check on that website how it names the show.
5. Rename the file/folder to how the scraper/website have it named.
6. Open up XBMC and scape and it should appear fine.
Hi KraziJoe, thanks for the suggestion.

The strange part to this is that this Show was there right from the install so I have absolutely no idea where it's coming from at all. No folder or shows had even been installed as it was a first install but there it was. I'm not missing any shows so it's not that either, Like the name suggests It's just MAGIC. This is also a new machine with Windows 7 Professional so it's not like I had a pre-existing issue.
In Windows the debug log should be under c:/users/yourusername/appdata/roaming/xbmc and is called xbmc.log

The previous posts are correct that it's likely a file being scrapped incorrectly, and finding it's path/name is what we're after.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
On a hunch, I just tried making a folder called "Users" in my library, and it ended up being identified by XBMC as Magic Users Club, so my guess is either there's a stray Users folder where your TV shows are, or XBMC thinks that C:\Users\ should be treated as a TV show for some reason.
same thing is here plus same others \backup/ and \games/

having stray tv shows drives my crazy mite be an OCD thing

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Needed Show This keeps being re-installed0