Win Laggy playback of videos.
Hi!

I've looked on some old forums but haven't found anything helpfull. So my problem is that the video is abit laggy during playback. like every 2-3 second there is a slight chop. And it kinda skips a frame or something. Annoying as hell however Tongue

I have the latest release (Eden) using all the standard values, at the moment. I've tried all possible combinations with DVXA playback and such. Nothing made it better.

Tried reinstalling. Didnt help. It works fine with VLC but XBMC is so much more conveinitant Tongue

My setup is:
Computer. Q6600 @ 2.4GHz (during playback it uses roughly 3-5% of my processor)
Nvidia GTX470
6GB of RAM

I'm using optical sound if that is of any intrest.
The there is the one thing i might suspect of not working properly, I use a 10m HDMI cable to get the picture to my TV. But it works with VLC..
Anyways. Thx for any help! Smile
Check that you are running true fullscreen, not a fullscreen window.

If that doesn't help can you post a Debug Log via www.pastebin.com and let us know what your actual video settings are?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Have you tried "Adjust refresh rate to match video" and "Sync playback to display"? And check what DDDamian said.
(2012-03-13, 17:19)kricker Wrote: Have you tried "Adjust refresh rate to match video" and "Sync playback to display"? And check what DDDamian said.

Yup tried that. works -ish when i use Vidoe Clock (Resample Audio) but that makes the sound bad instead Tongue

Have it on true fullsreen

http://pastebin.com/yVZYtp6i

You need to enable debugging: go to Settings>System>Debugging and enable it. Then exit, restart and play a video you have trouble with for at least 5min, then exit and re-post the log.

Some other things to check: hard drive is not nearly full, not fragmented. One other thing - there have been some issues with recent nVidia drivers - if you can give me the driver version and date I can check that out too.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Laggy playback of videos.0