The tvdb is acting funny
Hi, i'm using xbmc 11 eden rc2 and it is running on a Windows 8 htpc. I have now added one new tv show and it was found right away and all the episodes was added. Then i added 3 new episodes to and existing tv show and the system will not add them. I'm very constant on the naming of the files because i use the so ftware, tv renamer. And i have this folder order tv/serieName/seasonNumber/episodeFiles.

If i go into my source i can see the files, but the system will not accept them. Please help me!
You'll need to give a bit more info. What is the actual show and episodes you are trying to add? How are they named exactly? Do the episodes you are trying to add exist on theTVdb? Attach a XBMC log of when you try to scan for them.
(2012-03-13, 21:50)kricker Wrote: You'll need to give a bit more info. What is the actual show and episodes you are trying to add? How are they named exactly? Do the episodes you are trying to add exist on theTVdb? Attach a XBMC log of when you try to scan for them.

Hi kricker, look at the picture i have attached. XBMC will only accept "2.Broke.Girls S01E14", not any of the other episodes. I have checked on theTVdb and the episodes are there, so they should be added. I will try and find out how to make a log file.

You have .nfo files present in the folder (e.g. 2.Broke.Girls S01E15.nfo), so XBMC will try to read the episode data from them, not tvdb.
Whatever the issue is, it lies inside them. Try deleting them and trying again.
update, this is strange. After turning on the debugger, and asking the system to scan for new content, every new episode was found? Maybe there is some kind of writing restrictions to the folder that xbmc is using that are being unlocked after turning on the debugger? This is only a wild guess. Anyway thanks for your quick reply on my post.
Before you do anythign else, grab a Log_File (wiki) whilst refreshing the 2 Broke Girls show.

Let's not make assumptions.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

the nfo files are made by "Ember Media Manager" and have never been an issue.
Here is the log file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The tvdb is acting funny0