Loads of problems with XBMC OS. HELP!
Exclamation 
Alright, so to start off I downloaded the Operating System version of XBMC. It's really flashy, the design is perfect and I love the start up boot screen with the large XBMC and the five dots under it every time I boot my pc. But Once I started getting familiar with it, I realized a lot of problems.
  • Theres a notice-able lag with the menus (I haven't seen this on anyone elses machine).
  • XBMC won't recognize ethernet cables or my laptops trackpad, but will recognize a lot of other HIDs (Human Interface Devices)
  • I've tried setting up wifi, but since it won't recognize any ethernet cables, I can't download the plugin (I tried the USB stick method, but it says it cannot find ./install.(file type). That also makes it so I can't update it.
  • When I try to play a movie or music it will just search through the disk. (ie: Movies show up when in the drive, but when I try to play the raw movie it just explores the disk).
  • It only recognizes around 3 GBs of ram even though I have 6 GBs installed.

There are a few more problems, but I can probably figure them out on my own if I find out how to connect it to the internet.

If anyone has any solutions PLEASE feel free to leave a response
This polling feature is kinda neat...

too bad the question was so off the wall. XBMC is just a media player.... not the O/S, the rest can be satisfied in the wiki's.

-Lag? (how many machines running XBMC have you seen?) Compared to? Lag were?

-XBMC connect ability... sounds like you're using one of the Unix flavors with XBMC bundled, you need to unbundle.

-Kinda catch 22 here... but the USB stick could be your salvation, but it's not clear from your poll.

-Not playing a movie is serious stuff for a media player, definitely calls for a debug pastebin

-You only see 3GB's when yu have 6GB's... the other 3GB's could be used in a ram drive... or maybe the O/S is 32 bit?

I'm sure the links to the wiki's are at the top of this page...and I think from my vote you can see few people are having your issues.
Check out this thread... http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708 and consider asking some of the people running XBMC
without lag, how they do it. This forum http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=52 might offer more specific results.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Loads of problems with XBMC OS. HELP!0