Recomend a wireless router
I did stumble accost a great web site for reviews

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanwan/ro...harts/view

and like I said DD-WRT is great but they are not with the new batch of routers yet. And the ASUS RT-N56U is top of the chart for performance

Im also looking at the NETGEAR WNDR3800

Ive always used Linksys also. You may be right eskro but the E3200 does not have a UPnP / DLNA server for the USB which I want. The E4200 does though at $150
then, The E4200 it is Tongue
(2012-03-14, 23:16)Jetster Wrote: I did stumble accost a great web site for reviews

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanwan/ro...harts/view

Was about to post about smallnetbuilder.com as a good starting point for making comparisons, but it seems you know how to google Smile
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
See Jetster, you should have cleaved off this conversation after the fifth post... when I said E4200!!! could have saved you time, and newegg would have had it shipped today. BUT NOOOOOOO!!!!!! Big Grin
Now you have to wait at least another day! Laugh
XBMC Gotham via OpenElec 5.0.8
ASRock H87M-ITX
I3-4330 Haswell CPU
64GB SSD ADATA
4GB Team Elite DDR3
MI-008 Case
unRAID 5disks 18TB of awesome
(2012-03-14, 23:16)Jetster Wrote: The E4200 does though at $150
$100 shipped directly from Cisco- http://homestore.cisco.com/en-us/Routers...ewprod.htm

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I'm super happy with my Netgear 3700v2. I got it to replace my aging dlink dir-655. It was a huge improvement for me. It looks like the 3800 has a few more features - mostly involving the USB port, which i don't use on mine. The 3700 is going for less than $100 these days.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-03-15, 01:52)bluray Wrote:
(2012-03-14, 23:16)Jetster Wrote: The E4200 does though at $150
$100 shipped directly from Cisco- http://homestore.cisco.com/en-us/Routers...ewprod.htm

Oooooo snap. That's a game changer Thanks

if your not afraid of refurbs!!!
(2012-03-15, 04:10)eskro Wrote: if your not afraid of refurbs!!!

Its a 30 day return and ive done my share of refurbs. I had to send one back. That Harmony 650 was a refurb so worse case would be I would have to send it back and wait again

Edit: Ordered Smile Ill let you know how it works out
(2012-03-15, 04:10)eskro Wrote: if your not afraid of refurbs!!!
No worry...most electronics that I owns are refurbished, and my refurbished electronics (LED, LCD, AVR, PC, etc) last longer than my brand new electronics. I trusted the refurbished model more than the brand new model, because it went through more tests before they resell it. It carry the same warranty as the new model. As long as it is manufacture refurbished, you should be fine....

im sure you'll enjoy your E4200, its an high end model
It arrived. 5 min had it set up. It was packed appropriately and had no scratches It has some features I will need to figure out but everything seams to work properly. Including the USB drive. Its smaller then my Linksys wrt54gl.
nice to see all goes well!!
(2012-03-21, 00:49)Jetster Wrote: It arrived. 5 min had it set up. It was packed appropriately and had no scratches
Yes, the latest Cisco routers are very easy to setup. I connected all 5 PC's, 3 Android phones, wireless printer and powerline in less than 30min. Even though it is refurbished, the conditions are as good as new.

You'll enjoy your E4200...by the way, how is the wireless signal?

Its good..Still looking into the options. I found out you can seperate the 5ghz and 2.4Ghz with diff SSID to get 300 MBs on the N network

I tested the LAN and it transferred a 10 Gb file at 145Mbs in 60 seconds

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recomend a wireless router0