Win Border around hi def media
Yeah the UI pushes off screen slightly. The zoom modes in xbmc do nothing. They will zoom, but the black outlines remain.
(2012-03-17, 00:24)Goulet99 Wrote: If i put the TV to 16:9 it will disappear.
That is what you want to use then...if you want UI to fully appear on the screen, you can use underscan/overscan to adjust the screen resolution. If you still cannot get all UI to appear on the screen, you can create custom HDTV resolution in CCC. I have to do this in my 56" DLP....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Yeah I checked out the custom resolutions. I'm more puzzled by the fact everything else works properly. With the exception of the HD media. I'd take the custom resolution to be more of use if your screen was to large or small for the screen. I think i'm just going to live with 16:9 mode on the tv for now.
Again, if the UI is shown correctly then it MUST be XBMC scaling the video, right?

Thus, cycling through the zoom modes in XBMC MUST allow the video to fill the screen completely?

To ensure some weird calibration thing isn't being applied (can't see how it could, but still) take a nosy through guisettings.xml in your UserData (wiki) folder.

Cheers,
Jonathan
I suppose it might be? But would it scale HD only and not 480p? Also it happens in youtube in IE9 as well... that may just be coincidental though. I'll poke around some more and see what i can find out.

I'll try the zoom modes again.

Heres an update, been playing with all the settings and still can't get it right.

First pic, 720p tv rip.. full screen interface, video has border

Second pic, CCC center windows desktop.. fits screen perfectly.

Third pic, SD tv rip, fills screen no issues

Fourth pic, zoom settings...zoomed alot.. bars remain

Not sure where to take it from here. Gonna just use the tv zoom 16:9 mode to elimate the hd media bars for now.
Sorry if this has been covered but can't you just go through the regular TV calibration in xbmc to eliminate that?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Calibration is fine, as it only does it on HD media
Hi,
i had the same issue...here's the solution:

1) Go to HDTV support in CCC
2) Flag "Add 1080p24 ... (HD)
3) Select 1080p24 standard ( 1920 x 1080 @ 24Hz ) and then "apply format" --> u will notice black bars even on desktop now (not present on 50hz format)
4) Go to Scale Option in CCC and put overscan to 0% (you will notice it was in the middle position with 24Hz format enabled)
5) Enjoy movies on real fullscreen, finally (finger crossed)
Ok thanks to you guys im getting closer to what i want to achive, anyhow here comes a noob question, you know some movies got a "built in" black border by default, some movies are true full screen at default when playing dvd or blueray player connected to your TV, now thanks to you guys for example my avatar.mkv movie file covers every inch of my TV now witch is a big step forward..THX!
But most of my other 1080p rips still got a little black border, can this have something to do with it that they are "recorded" that way but avatar is intented to be a total full screen movie if you know what i mean ?
All you can do is zoom in many cases. Movies are not usually filmed using 16:9, but much wider.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
put error margine at 20% that helps for the movies not shot at true fullscreen, alot of movies is intented to have a black border, for those movies error margine is the only thing that gets the movies close to true fullscreen, error margine setting in xbmc
@fabio5479 To make sure i'm not doing this wrong. I added 1080p24 (HD) In the options. Then I went into the desktop properties and changed the tv to 1080p, selected 24HZ instead of 60HZ. The overscan box is still at 0%... still having the same issue. Am I doing something wrong?

(2012-03-23, 18:26)Goulet99 Wrote: @fabio5479 To make sure i'm not doing this wrong. I added 1080p24 (HD) In the options. Then I went into the desktop properties and changed the tv to 1080p, selected 24HZ instead of 60HZ. The overscan box is still at 0%... still having the same issue. Am I doing something wrong?

Not at all - now you can adjust the overscan and/or XBMC's video calibration.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Does XBMC even do 24p? That would be nice. My TV supports it and I set my blu ray player to 24p (although I never touch it since I use XBMC now).
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Border around hi def media0