[Windows] Can't play large streamed files with external player
Hi there,

Just a little issue with being completely unable to open/play large streamed files (any .mkv larger than ~5gb) using an external player (mpc-hc with madVR or CCCP). Everything else is working just peachy. I'm streaming content from one PC using serviio to my laptop over my home wifi. I've attached the error pop-up thingy I keep getting. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Zac
Are the large files coming thru using UPNP with Serviio serving them up, or are you streaming them over SMB? Capture a log with debugging turned on and post it on pastebin and link it
The large files are comming through upnp via a serviio serving them up. I'll up the log later because pastebin is down for maintenance at the moment

Cheers,

Zac
If you look in the debug log you'll see the command XBMC is using to launch the external player. You can copy the command and paste it into a command prompt to try running the externalplayer independantly of XBMC.

JR
Hi Guys,

I've been looking at the log and it seems to me that there is nothing actually wrong with XBMC itself. Its running just as it should. It must be that mpc-hc is just being tempremental. If its mpc-hc I should be able to find a solution on my own.

Cheers,

Zac

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Can't play large streamed files with external player0