Adding a Documentary's Folder
...or use Plex, it got everything you ask for and then some! Streaming movies to you phone who cool isnt that!

I have used Plex for several months before I got hooked on XBMC, must admit XBMC is alot of fun, but when it comes to media management and scraping XBMC doesnt stand a chance. U can practical throw anything at the Plex scraper and it will find it you also have the feature to create your own "folders" and then add the content type you see fit, ie movie, tv-shows, documentary film and documentary series which I really miss now.

Im gonna try the smart play list but I find "Recently added" "In progres" really helpful.

If your not into all the addon and all the option you get with XBMC I definitely recommend Plex.
(2012-08-23, 00:38)8Days Wrote: ...or use Plex, it got everything you ask for and then some! Streaming movies to you phone who cool isnt that!

I have used Plex for several months before I got hooked on XBMC, must admit XBMC is alot of fun, but when it comes to media management and scraping XBMC doesnt stand a chance. U can practical throw anything at the Plex scraper and it will find it you also have the feature to create your own "folders" and then add the content type you see fit, ie movie, tv-shows, documentary film and documentary series which I really miss now.

Im gonna try the smart play list but I find "Recently added" "In progres" really helpful.

If your not into all the addon and all the option you get with XBMC I definitely recommend Plex.

so you signed on to this forum just to promote plex? Huh
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I was wondering the same thing!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

(2012-08-23, 00:38)8Days Wrote: ...or use Plex, it got everything you ask for and then some! Streaming movies to you phone who cool isnt that!

That is not a very helpful post. The OP was asking for help on how to do something within XBMC and not for alternatives to XBMC. It's as if you asked for help on how perform a certain function within the Windows operating system and I told you to use Linux instead because then it would be much easier to do that function.
Smile

At the moment Im an avid XBMC promoter (not long ago it was Plex) but it is abit more work to get everything where you want it, which is fine by me, smart PL was really nifty. So all I wanted to say is that there are alternatives... and plex is really good if you just want to keep you movies and series in order.

sorry... pls remove my post if it suits you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding a Documentary's Folder0