Win Minimum PVR installation in one machine?
Hello,

I would like to know what's the minimum (well, the fastest and with better performance) PVR installation under Windows (i.e. XBMC PVR and the backend must run in the same machine and, if possible, start them only when necessary).

Actually, I'm using this machine for my personal work and switch it to the TV when I want to watch a movie/tv series. I'm using XBMC with HD audio patch in portable mode (xmbc -p) so I can retain all my settings when reinstalling my PC.

I've seen that one of the backends is MediaPortal but I've seen that is some kind of "monster" (giant, SQL/MySQL server, etc.). I want a more ligth installation that has no services running when aren't necessary. If not, probably, I'll reconfigure Windows Media Center to be the PVR and define some content to the Recordings directory. Actually, I don't want to watch TV from XBMC -I use the TV directly- but to have recording capabilities.

Thank you very much (and sorry for my english).
if you want to stay with windows [which is the opposite to "minimalistic" - and why should your software be minimalistic and resource efficient if even your OS isn't ?] the only left choice is 4therecord .. or you use simply WMC (which is included with => windows 7 HP) or you buy DVBViewer Pro, which is a lightweight mediacenter with superb TV support (http://www.dvbviewer.com/en/index.php?page=home)

Greetz

LAstCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minimum PVR installation in one machine?0