Harmony one on dharma
Ive just set up the live install on a pc upstairs, i used the stable dharma iso.

Im having trouble getting my harmony one remote to control it.

What do i need to set the remote as in the logitech software?

And do i need to do anything on the pc?

Ive a rc6 receiver plugged in but i cant get it to respond to anything.

Thanks

Matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Server - debian based 10TB Media Server 
When you say it doesn't respond to anything, did you try to drop to a shell and run "irw", then press buttons on the remote? Does the original remote that came with the 'rc6' do anything?

I'd use the original remote and see what happens. If it's broke, then something is messed up with lirc and xbmc. If it works, then you have to config the logitech software as <probably> "Microsoft MCE Compatiable Remote".
Exclamation 
Assuming you do actually get to the stage of the IR receiver passing the Harmony's signal instructions to XBMC ...

In the Logitech Harmony config app make sure the XBMC PC device is set as "Microsoft Media Center Extender"

If you just leave it as a normal Media Center PC the timings and repeat-rate settings seem to be different.
This was driving me crazy when I replaced my old failing Harmony 785 with a new Harmony One.
Laggy and /or intermittent response, erratic scroll detection & rate etc etc
Changed the device mapping to Extender and it suddenly started working perfectly. Odd, because the old 785 didn't seem to care, and works equally well with either device settings.

So ... in the Harmony app, when adding the PC as a controllable device choose :-

Device: Computer -> Media Center PC
Manufacturer: Microsoft
Model: Media Center Extender (have to type this in manually)

then follow the rest of the setup wizard process as you like.
For me (with a Harmony 525) setting the remote as a 'Plex Media Center' remote in the Logitech software gave the best results. The Harmony is not the quickest cat around though...
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
what do you recommend for Harmony 600/650?
Also Media Center Extender settings?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony one on dharma0