Linux Raspbmc Keymapping
Hey All,

This is a Raspbmc topic - so please forgive if it's in the wrong place (I have also put it on the Raspbmc forum but I'm hoping to get some of your guys input too)

I'm loving Raspbmc. Since RC3 its way more stable and is well on the way to replacing my SMF MC.

Once thing that's really getting to me at the moment is keymaps.

I'm a relative Linux N00b so have had to learn a lot when it comes to SSH commands and also navigating the Pi in the background.

So here's what I've got on my current keymaps for Eden (Thanks JhsRennie) on a standard PC, which for some reason aren't working on Raspbmc:

keyboard.xml: (this creates a context menu button for my remote)

Quote:<?xml version="1.0"?>
-<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<f mod="ctrl-leftctrl">ContextMenu</f>
<pageup>VolumeUp</pageup>
<pagedown>Volumedown</pagedown>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Appcommand.xml: (this fixes a play button issues which I had on Eden's release)

Quote:<keymap>
<global>
<appcommand>
<play_pause>PlayPause</play_pause>
</appcommand>
</global>
</keymap>

I've managed to get the above XML files into my folder successfully via a mix of SSH and XBMC file Manager to the following path:

/home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps

However, they're not fixing the issue and Raspbmc doesn't seem to be picking them up at all.

I've taken a quick snapshot of the debug log to show what the button I'm trying to assign the Context Menu function to below:

Quote:12:10:11 T:1075752960 DEBUG: OnKey: ctrl-leftctrl (1f0d0) pressed, action is
12:10:11 T:1075752960 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 18, sym: 006f, unicode: 006f, modifier: 40
12:10:11 T:1075752960 DEBUG: OnKey: ctrl-o (1f04f) pressed, action is Notification(MCEKeypress, Recorded TV, 3)
12:10:11 T:1075752960 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
12:10:14 T:1075752960 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
12:10:14 T:1075752960 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 1d, sym: 0132, unicode: 0000, modifier: 40
As you can see from above, I get an "MCE Keypress" notification pop up.

Anybody any experience with this? I will post this on the XBMC forum too, but not sure if they'll help as its not an official version, or is it?

Any help would be really handy!

By the way, its a no brand Ebay remote !

Thanks

Handaloo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspbmc Keymapping0