Win Windows (Monitor) + XBMC (TV) - stop mce remote from working on anything BUT xbmc
Hey guys,

Looking for a bit of help on this one. I am selling my acer revo and planning to just use my computer for watching my blu-ray films. I have managed to set up the monitor so I can surf web and play games without it interupting the XBMC session on the TV which works great! Only problem is when I am playing a game and my girlfriend wants to browse my collection for a movie the remote does not work, it controls my game!

My question is - is there a way to make xbmc the only program that my MCE remote talks to?

Thanks in advance
Eventghost can intercept the commands and send them to XBMC (even in the the background).
Generally speaking, in Windows the remote behaves as a keyboard i.e. it sends emulated key presses, and these go to whatever app has the focus. Eventghost can intercept the key presses coming from the remote and route them to XBMC even when it doesn't have the focus.

JR
Ok thanks! This eventghost looks real hard to use though. Will give it a go.
Running XBMC of your work PC is rarely a satisfactory solution. There have been lots of posts from people trying it, and they mostly end up buying a separate HTPC.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows (Monitor) + XBMC (TV) - stop mce remote from working on anything BUT xbmc0