Linux airplay photo doesn't work
Hi,
I'm using the latest openelec eden fusion build and trying to get airplay photo working, airplay video and music is working fine for me but I can't get airplay photos from my iphone or ipad to xbmc (nothing happen basically, in the log I only see "DEBUG: AIRPLAY: got request /photo" and nothing afterwards). I tried posting to openelec forum but haven't heard anything so I figured maybe someone here can shed some light on the issue (zeroconf and airlink has been checked on).

Below is my xbmc.log with debug and dmesg output, thanks for any help (I played some music in this log before trying a photo @ 19:33)

xbmc.log

dmesg

Okay my problem seems to be pw related. If I don't set any airplay pw then everything works (music/video/photo), tried that and works fine on 2 of my htpc boxes. If I set a random pw I can still get music to play for some strange reason even though it didn't ask to input a new pw, but youtube/photo won't play.... not sure why it won't ask me to input a pw to proceeds.

Anyway since it's my internal home network I just disable airplay pw for now and everything is happy.
music + pw is not supported yet - photo + pw might even not work on original atv2 too. That whole pw fearure seems a bit hacked from apple.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
airplay photo doesn't work0