Linux HOW-TO Compile Kodi from GIT - Script -
Is there any chance I could get a complete list of up-to-date instructions?

Also, how can I remove all the XBMC files from my attempted install? A purge does not seem to do this.
The instructions haven't changed, they are on the readmes I pointed out earlier,I also above your previous post theres two up-to-date scripts one for intel one for nvidia, so Im not sure what else you want unless you asking me to duplicate all the information again and again and again.

Edit, updated first post (probably needs minor touches but should be simple) instead of duplicating information.

Hope that does it for you guys until I have wroked on these somemore
I'm going to add this little beauty as I found it immensely helpful when compiling Kodi in Ubuntu. It installs all the required libraries and headers automatically if a user is not using the Kodi PPA.

https://github.com/ilikenwf/apt-fast
http://xmodulo.com/speed-slow-apt-get-in...buntu.html

Usage:
Code:
apt-fast build-dep xbmc

xbmc? Thats utterly irrelevant here and bound to be wrong. I cant really suggest or recommend anyone to use that especially when there are deps coming up you need to compile or use some kodi ppa since they are not available in Ubuntu yet.

Also script does indeed install all required dependencies up to last weeks v16 will need a slight update soon which Im working on as patience allows.
Would it be possible to use Fedora's "dnf" instead of "apt-get" in the script?
The Kodi version that Fedora has is compiled without libcec, so that makes it useless in my case.
So I'd like to compile for source, and your script looks like it would makes things a lot easier for me.
(2015-11-02, 00:21)weust Wrote: Would it be possible to use Fedora's "dnf" instead of "apt-get" in the script?
The Kodi version that Fedora has is compiled without libcec, so that makes it useless in my case.
So I'd like to compile for source, and your script looks like it would makes things a lot easier for me.

personally I have 0 interest on Fedora, You are free however to modify the script in any way you like, its gplv2

Current script on first post is a little outdated for v16 but aside from that you are indeed free to do whatever you like to it.
Looks good
Really thanks, work very good. only one question Do i need to take back up??
Better safe then sorry.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO Compile Kodi from GIT - Script -3