Using XBMC as a pvr?
Hi everyone,

I've been using MythTV for years now, but am quite unhappy with the state of it's livetv and recorder implementation.
VDR's was always way better, but that did not allow multiple frontends back then.

So: can I setup VDR to be the backend and use multiple XBMC installations as frontends, each being able to watch livetv?

Or do you maybe suggest using another system, like Tvheadend (which is new to me)

Thanks for your help.
I'm using xbmc + tvheadend for over one year and I'm fully satisfied. However for the pvr features I'm using the tvheadend web interface because I'm using the master xbmc and not the pvr version. tvheadend is added as hts video source from xbmc add source.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91716
I've tried tvheadend for the past hours and I must say: I like it!

I've got one hell of a problem, though: "input not detected". I'm seeing lots of other people have the same issues popping up now and again, but nobody has answered any questions about it... Guess I'll still have to switch to something else.
this normally occurs where there isn't enough antenna signal, but if you are a VDR user I think you know where to look to check this simple things. For example without tvheadend as backend and with VDR as backend, everything seems to work?
I tried vdr, mythtv and tvheadend + oscam.
tvheadend won in almost all categories. fastest channel switching, hd recording worked without stuttering, encrypted channels worked without problems, and the webinterface makes channel ordering and renaming much much easier.
so my vote is for tvheadend (+oscam when decrypting is needed)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Not enough signal? Hmm... When it does come through there is no problem. No macroblocks or anything, no signal interupts.
I can try positioning the dish a bit better.

Without tvheadend, with vdr, channel switching is no problem. But decoding is: suddenly that takes a long time.

I haven't heard of oscam, either. Is there a reason to use it in stead of tvheadend's internal cam?
Try to disable "Monitor signal quality" in tvheadend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using XBMC as a pvr?0