• 2(current)
Newbie looking for some help.
Any word yet on a Jailbreak for iOS5.1 for the ATV2?
Mid 2009 15" MacBook Pro 10.8.2
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
2 x Jailbroken ATV2 iOS5.0.2
2 x Apple 2TB Time Capsules
Sony Bravia KDL40NX723B LED HD 1080p 3D TV, 40 inch with Built-in Wi-Fi and Freeview HD
(2012-03-30, 00:08)Happy Wrote: Any word yet on a Jailbreak for iOS5.1 for the ATV2?

Nope. Probably a few weeks yet.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
(2012-03-30, 07:41)deanmv Wrote:
(2012-03-30, 00:08)Happy Wrote: Any word yet on a Jailbreak for iOS5.1 for the ATV2?

Nope. Probably a few weeks yet.

Thank you. Smile
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
Sony Bravia KDL40NX723B LED HD 1080p 3D TV, 40 inch with Built-in Wi-Fi and Freeview HD
Here is probably your best bet of a place to keep an eye out for info: http://twitter.com/#!/firecore
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
(2012-03-30, 13:14)deanmv Wrote: Here is probably your best bet of a place to keep an eye out for info: http://twitter.com/#!/firecore

Oooh, brilliant. Thank you very much. Smile
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
Is there any way at all of Jailbreaking my ATV 2 on 4.4.4 at the moment? I've been looking about various websites but none have been very helpful. Sad
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
Best to check the jailbreaking forums. Try this:

http://forum.firecore.com/topic/7279
Finally! At last! I've been able to JB (untethered) my ATV 2.

Now all I need is some help to install XBMC and whatever else I may need for what I want to do.

My requirements are....

For my ATV 2 to be able to play the video files that are on my 2TB Time Capsule without the need for iTunes.

I want the weather on my ATV 2. My 'friend' had the weather on his and it was located on the top half of the screen, it also gave more than the weather, i.e. location etc. If it was midday the background in the weather area showed a sun, if it was night the background was dark with stars. So any idea what add on this is or is it part of XBMC?

What else is handy to have installed?
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
1. Just enable file sharing on the TC. On XBMC you should be able to add the share using the ZeroConf browser.

2. There is a weather thing for the native ATV2 interface, but I don't know much about it, and I would avoid installing lots extra stuff other than XBMC. Other software doesn't always release ram and other system resources when they should. XBMC has its own weather add-on/display that is probably nicer anyways.

As for other things, like I said, I would avoid unnessesary software so that XBMC has more resources at its disposal. One thing that is safe to install and is handy is this guy for USB access to the ATV2: iOS_FAQ#USB_access (wiki)
(2012-05-29, 19:07)Ned Scott Wrote: 1. Just enable file sharing on the TC. On XBMC you should be able to add the share using the ZeroConf browser.

2. There is a weather thing for the native ATV2 interface, but I don't know much about it, and I would avoid installing lots extra stuff other than XBMC. Other software doesn't always release ram and other system resources when they should. XBMC has its own weather add-on/display that is probably nicer anyways.

As for other things, like I said, I would avoid unnessesary software so that XBMC has more resources at its disposal. One thing that is safe to install and is handy is this guy for USB access to the ATV2: iOS_FAQ#USB_access (wiki)

Ok, thanks. Smile

One question, well two really. What is 'ZeroConf Browser'? And where can I get the extremely detailed install instructions for XBMC?
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
Ok, I've got XBMC installed but I can't seem to add my TC as the place for the ATV to read the media from. Any help would be most appreciated.

Also, the weather within XBMC is not the weather I'm looking for. The weather my friend had was displayed on the Apple 'page/OS' if you like whereas the weather on XBMC can only be accessed whilst in XBMC. My friend isn't talking to me so I can't find out what add on he had. Sad
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
(2012-05-29, 21:52)Happy Wrote: Ok, I've got XBMC installed but I can't seem to add my TC as the place for the ATV to read the media from. Any help would be most appreciated.

Also, the weather within XBMC is not the weather I'm looking for. The weather my friend had was displayed on the Apple 'page/OS' if you like whereas the weather on XBMC can only be accessed whilst in XBMC. My friend isn't talking to me so I can't find out what add on he had. Sad

Follow the instructions here for setting up your TC: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ia_sources

Except at Step 4, you'll probably want to select Zeroconf browser from the list, then look for your TC in the Zeroconf browser listing. It should show up there as long as your sharing settings are correct on the TC.

To change your weather, go to System\Weather\Settings, and enter your city. That will change it within XBMC only. The default Apple menu has its own weather plugin/app as well. To change that, you'll have to navigate to the Settings page from the Apple menu. The Apple menu weather and XBMC weather are completely separate, and don't talk to each other.

Also, to answer your other question from your other thread, you need to calibrate XBMC so that everything is visible on the screen. To do that go to System\System\Video Output\Video Calibration. And go through the calibration process to make XBMC fit on your TV screen.

And please keep your questions confined to one thread. You'll get better results that way, and it won't clutter the forum.
(2012-05-29, 20:22)Happy Wrote:
(2012-05-29, 19:07)Ned Scott Wrote: 1. Just enable file sharing on the TC. On XBMC you should be able to add the share using the ZeroConf browser.

Ok, thanks. Smile

One question, well two really. What is 'ZeroConf Browser'? And where can I get the extremely detailed install instructions for XBMC?

That would be the XBMC Wiki (wiki). Good places to start are:

XBMC Quick Start Guide (wiki)
XBMC FAQ (wiki)
XBMC all platforms FAQ (wiki)
XBMC for iOS specific FAQ (wiki)
HOW-TO:Install XBMC on Apple TV 2 (wiki)
Adding videos to the library (wiki)
Settings (wiki)
(2012-05-29, 22:16)crawl Wrote:
(2012-05-29, 21:52)Happy Wrote: Ok, I've got XBMC installed but I can't seem to add my TC as the place for the ATV to read the media from. Any help would be most appreciated.

Follow the instructions here for setting up your TC: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ia_sources

Except at Step 4, you'll probably want to select Zeroconf browser from the list, then look for your TC in the Zeroconf browser listing. It should show up there as long as your sharing settings are correct on the TC.

To change your weather, go to System\Weather\Settings, and enter your city. That will change it within XBMC only. The default Apple menu has its own weather plugin/app as well. To change that, you'll have to navigate to the Settings page from the Apple menu. The Apple menu weather and XBMC weather are completely separate, and don't talk to each other.

Also, to answer your other question from your other thread, you need to calibrate XBMC so that everything is visible on the screen. To do that go to System\System\Video Output\Video Calibration. And go through the calibration process to make XBMC fit on your TV screen.

And please keep your questions confined to one thread. You'll get better results that way, and it won't clutter the forum.

I've managed to calibrate my screen but I've spent nearly an hour pulling my hair out trying to add my TC as the location for my movies etc. I followed the instructions, added the folders but they are showing as empty. What am I doing wrong? I don't have much attention span/patience for this sort of thing so I'm going for a walk before the whole let ends up getting thrown out of the window. Sad
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
(2012-05-29, 23:24)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2012-05-29, 20:22)Happy Wrote:

Ok, thanks. Smile

That would be the XBMC Wiki (wiki). Good places to start are:

XBMC Quick Start Guide (wiki)
XBMC FAQ (wiki)
XBMC all platforms FAQ (wiki)
XBMC for iOS specific FAQ (wiki)
HOW-TO:Install XBMC on Apple TV 2 (wiki)
Adding videos to the library (wiki)
Settings (wiki)

Thanks, but I can't read all that Sad (my first post explains why)
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie looking for some help.2