• 4(current)
Newbie looking for some help.
(2012-05-30, 21:24)deanmv Wrote: Movies probably: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...les/Movies
TV probably: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...s/TV_shows

Thanks. I had another count up and I'm one movie short, however there is 166 movies under file. The one that's missing under movies is probably because there is no information for it on the movie database website...

As for my TV shows, I found that link a little hard to understand but is it saying that Season 1 should have it's own folder, season 2 it's own folder and so on and so on?
Mid 2009 15" MacBook Pro 10.8.2
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
2 x Jailbroken ATV2 iOS5.0.2
2 x Apple 2TB Time Capsules
Sony Bravia KDL40NX723B LED HD 1080p 3D TV, 40 inch with Built-in Wi-Fi and Freeview HD
correct. Then say episoide of of season one (of say Dexter for example), the file should be called DexterS01E01
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
(2012-05-30, 21:44)deanmv Wrote: correct. Then say episoide of of season one (of say Dexter for example), the file should be called DexterS01E01

Now I really am confused.Sad

The way I have it at the moment...

Data/TV Shows/*TV Show name here*/*season 1 through 7 with separate folders for each season*/*all episodes for that season* - Metadata added using subler so they are named 01 (season 1 or episode 1??) and the name of the episode.

Could someone please, in simple terms tell me how I should be structuring the folders and naming things?

I'm going to have a play about with it until someone responds, but until then....

'Data' is the folder I need to open to access the files on the TC.
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
Sony Bravia KDL40NX723B LED HD 1080p 3D TV, 40 inch with Built-in Wi-Fi and Freeview HD
The "S01E01" format in the file name is the important part. That needs to be included for it to scrape properly.

Like this:

Data\TV Shows\Dexter\Season 1\Dexter S01E01 - Dexter.avi
Data\TV Shows\Dexter\Season 1\Dexter S01E02 - Crocodile.avi
etc.

And for Season 2:
Data\TV Shows\Dexter\Season 2\Dexter S02E01 - It's Alive.avi
Data\TV Shows\Dexter\Season 2\Dexter S02E02 - Waiting to Exhale.avi

That should give you the best scraping results.
(2012-05-30, 22:41)Happy Wrote: The way I have it at the moment...

Data/TV Shows/*TV Show name here*/*season 1 through 7 with separate folders for each season*/*all episodes for that season* - Metadata added using subler so they are named 01 (season 1 or episode 1??) and the name of the episode.

I keep my videos sorted in much the same way, except that I keep both the season and episode number attached to the individual video files. So, they look like this:

/mnt/public/Video/TV/*TV Show Name*/*Season Number*/*All episodes for the season*/

I typically leave the file names as close as possible to original downloaded name, because having the release group on there helps me find the correct subtitles later. I don't care about having the episode name as part of the filename, since that information gets loaded up in XBMC separately anyway.

So, for a quick example, here's what I have in /mnt/public/Videos/TV/Bones:
Bones/Season 07/Bones.S07E10.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
Bones/Season 07/Bones.S07E11.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
Bones/Season 07/Bones.S07E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
Bones/Season 07/Bones.S07E13.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv

There's a bunch of other metadata (like nfo files, fanart, and subtitles), but that's the essence of how I set things up. It works almost flawlessly.

The only time I have to mess with anything by hand is for special episodes. On thetvdb.com (the scraper I use, which I believe is the XBMC default) special episodes are lumped together under season 0. So for things like the various Doctor Who Christmas specials, I go onto thetvdb.com, look up the episode and season number that they use, and manually rename the video file to match.

Most of the time this all "just works" and I don't have to intervene at all. I set up Sickbeard and Couchpotato to do the downloads for me, move the completed files into the right places, and XBMC picks them up and adds them to the library.
(2012-05-30, 22:52)crawl Wrote: The "S01E01" format in the file name is the important part. That needs to be included for it to scrape properly.

Like this:

Data\TV Shows\Dexter\Season 1\Dexter S01E01 - Dexter.avi
Data\TV Shows\Dexter\Season 1\Dexter S01E02 - Crocodile.avi
etc.

And for Season 2:
Data\TV Shows\Dexter\Season 2\Dexter S02E01 - It's Alive.avi
Data\TV Shows\Dexter\Season 2\Dexter S02E02 - Waiting to Exhale.avi

That should give you the best scraping results.

(2012-05-30, 22:56)mal2 Wrote:
(2012-05-30, 22:41)Happy Wrote: The way I have it at the moment...

I keep my videos sorted in much the same way, except that I keep both the season and episode number attached to the individual video files. So, they look like this:

/mnt/public/Video/TV/*TV Show Name*/*Season Number*/*All episodes for the season*/

I typically leave the file names as close as possible to original downloaded name, because having the release group on there helps me find the correct subtitles later. I don't care about having the episode name as part of the filename, since that information gets loaded up in XBMC separately anyway.

So, for a quick example, here's what I have in /mnt/public/Videos/TV/Bones:
Bones/Season 07/Bones.S07E10.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
Bones/Season 07/Bones.S07E11.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
Bones/Season 07/Bones.S07E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
Bones/Season 07/Bones.S07E13.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv

There's a bunch of other metadata (like nfo files, fanart, and subtitles), but that's the essence of how I set things up. It works almost flawlessly.

The only time I have to mess with anything by hand is for special episodes. On thetvdb.com (the scraper I use, which I believe is the XBMC default) special episodes are lumped together under season 0. So for things like the various Doctor Who Christmas specials, I go onto thetvdb.com, look up the episode and season number that they use, and manually rename the video file to match.

Most of the time this all "just works" and I don't have to intervene at all. I set up Sickbeard and Couchpotato to do the downloads for me, move the completed files into the right places, and XBMC picks them up and adds them to the library.

Thanks guys, I've been playing around and the following seems to work...

Data/TV Shows/CSI Miami/Season 1/S01E01 and so on for each episode. Would I get better results by adding the name of the show and the episode name as Crawl has suggested?

Is there a way to add my own DVD cover art? as some of the ones suggested by the scraper aren't all that great.
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
In my experience, the "S01E01" tag is what the scraper depends on. The episode name won't make any difference either way. I include the episode name for my media just for completeness.

You can manually select from a handful of different DVD cover versions. How many different cover versions there are depends on the scraper server. Popular movies will have more.

Select the movie, and hold the Menu button down for 3 seconds. In the context menu that pops up, select Movie Information. In the Movie Information screen, you can click on Get Thumb, and it will show you all the available covers you can choose from, along with letting you select another from a local location. Same goes for fanart.
(2012-05-30, 19:58)crawl Wrote:
(2012-05-30, 19:35)Happy Wrote:
(2012-05-30, 19:09)crawl Wrote: I'm quite certain that's the weather info you're talking about. You'll need to install NitoTV, and then install MainMenuWeather from NitoTV.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Some dead ends" listed in Zeroconf. Are you talking about where you add Video sources within XBMC? The Zeroconf browser when adding new Video sources, will list all Zeroconf enabled devices by default, and it will even list the same ones in several protocols, like SMB and AFP. That's normal behavior. Just add the ones you need as Video sources, and don't worry about the others. If you've already added a video source that shows up in Videos in XBMC, that doesn't have anything in it, you can delete it by holding down the Menu button on the remote for 3-4 seconds, and selecting Remove Source.

Thanks, how do I install NitoTV?

What I mean by dead ends are these ....

Only the middle one is of any use, the other two are just 'dead ends' as they don't go anywhere/do anything so I'd like to delete them.

To install NitoTV, do this:

SSH into the AppleTV.
Enter the following commands, one line at a time:

echo "deb http://apt.awkwardtv.org ./" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/awkwardtv.list
apt-get update
apt-get install com.nito.nitoTV
killall Lowtide

The install part of that will take a few minutes. Wait on it to do its thing.
The killall command will restart your AppleTV. That's normal.
When your atv2 restarts, you should have NitoTV available. You can install other utilities from within NitoTV, including the Weather one.

Regarding the 2 custom network locations you created, it's a little more difficult to remove those. And it won't hurt anything to leave them there, as long as you remember which one actually works. But if you really want to remove them, here's how:

Use Cyberduck or WinSCP to connect to your atv2. Navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata.
Find the file "mediasources.xml" in the userdata folder.
Copy it to the desktop of your computer.
Open the xml file with Notepad or Textedit.
Find the "bad" sources you added, and delete their entries from that file.
Then copy the "mediasources.xml" file back to the atv2 in the same location you got it from.

Like I said, it's probably easier to just leave them as they are if any of the above sounds too difficult.

Ooops, 'killall lowtide' didn't work so I just used the 'reboot' command. Would that be ok?

(2012-05-31, 01:47)crawl Wrote: In my experience, the "S01E01" tag is what the scraper depends on. The episode name won't make any difference either way. I include the episode name for my media just for completeness.

You can manually select from a handful of different DVD cover versions. How many different cover versions there are depends on the scraper server. Popular movies will have more.

Select the movie, and hold the Menu button down for 3 seconds. In the context menu that pops up, select Movie Information. In the Movie Information screen, you can click on Get Thumb, and it will show you all the available covers you can choose from, along with letting you select another from a local location. Same goes for fanart.

Thanks.

The options that are available are no where as near as the ones I had chosen myself whilst using Sublr. Sometimes Sublr didn't have the correct artwork so I googled the correct one and added it manually. I was wondering if there was a way of adding these manually? I'd have thought the ones I had added myself would have been shown under 'local locations'.

I'm downloading a weather add on through nitoTV and I think it's frozen.Sad
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
Ok, I've installed nitoTV, I downloaded what I thought was the weather option I wanted. A message said install complete and to press menu to exit. Now what do I do? The weather isn't showing on my home scree/main menu.

And to top it all off, I tried adding my location to the weather that's already built in to nitoTV and now when I try to open the weather it just crashes and returns me to the apple home screen/main menu. Sad
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
Reboot it.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
(2012-05-31, 14:41)deanmv Wrote: Reboot it.

I've done that, several times.Sad
I switched it off at the wall then on again and now my ATV won't come on at all. All I had was the apple logo for a couple of minutes and now that's gone there is nothing. Sad
Ok, I tried switching it off, then on again at the wall and nitoTV is still crashing when I select the weather option. :/
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
I haven't used that weather app in Nito for a year or so. It may have compatibility issues at this point.
(2012-05-31, 16:05)crawl Wrote: I haven't used that weather app in Nito for a year or so. It may have compatibility issues at this point.

Hi, when I go to NitoTV/Weather and try to open it, it now crashes. It was working before I tried to add my own location to it. Any idea what's wrong with that?

As for the weather I downloaded, I have no idea what happened to it or where it went so I uninstalled it.

Is it possible to uninstall NitoTV by SSH or does the ATV have to be completely reset, jailbroken again etc etc?
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
Sorry, no idea.

To uninstall by SSH:

apt-get remove com.nito.nitotv
(2012-05-31, 16:15)crawl Wrote: Sorry, no idea.

To uninstall by SSH:

apt-get remove com.nito.nitotv

Once I've logged in, is that the only thing I need to type in to Terminal?

And thanks for all your help by the way, it really is most appreciated. Big Grin
16GB WiFi iPad 2 iOS6
32GB iPhone 5 iOS6
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie looking for some help.2