[Release] nfb.ca (Video) Plugin
Thank you, very much; I'll try it out and let you know.

*EDIT* It WORKED!! Nod Thanks a lot!
Just bumping this up so we can post off topic NFB posts here instead of the CBC thread
How to Patch Add-on for KODI 19.x MATRIX:

Kodi 18.x Leia and earlier users should skip this post.

Patch steps with some Linux commands follow:

1. Download plugin.video.nfbca-master.zip file from https://github.com/newatv2user

2. Unzip the file and rename top level directory to plugin.video.nfbca

unzip plugin.video.nfbca-master.zip
    mv plugin.video.nfbca-master plugin.video.nfbca

3. Remove unnecessary files/folders

rm plugin.video.nfbca/.gitattributes plugin.video.nfbca/.gitignore
    rm -r plugin.video.nfbca/resources/language/English/

4. Create new directory plugin.video.nfbca/resources/language/resource.language.en_gb

mkdir plugin.video.nfbca/resources/language/resource.language.en_gb

5. Edit/create new file plugin.video.nfbca/resources/language/resource.language.en_gb/strings.po

• open text editor for new file plugin.video.nfbca/resources/language/resource.language.en_gb/strings.po
    • copy link contents from strings.po and paste into text editor
    • save file and exit text editor

6. Make two changes to plugin.video.nfbca/addon.xml file

• open text editor for file plugin.video.nfbca/addon.xml
    • Change line 4 from
      version="0.0.2" to
      version="0.0.2+matrix.1"
    • Change line 7 from
      <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.0"/> to
      <import addon="xbmc.python" version="3.0.0"/>

7. Edit file plugin.video.nfbca/default.py

• open text editor for file plugin.video.nfbca/default.py
    • Delete all contents of file
    • copy link contents from default.py and paste into text editor

8. Create new zip file archive plugin.video.nfbca-0.0.2+matrix.1.zip

zip -r plugin.video.nfbca-0.0.2+matrix.1.zip plugin.video.nfbca/

9. Transfer newly created zip file plugin.video.nfbca-0.0.2+matrix.1.zip to kodi Matrix computer and install from zip file.

Note that I do not intend to maintain this or any other add-ons. These are simply the steps I used to get this video add-on working on Kodi 19.x Matrix.
@kodaksmith   Thanks for that, unfortunately I'm using Windows and got a little lost around Steps 4 and 5.  Would you be able to adapt some of the steps for Windows users?
(2021-10-30, 18:47)barney63 Wrote: Would you be able to adapt some of the steps for Windows users?

My focus is on GNU/Linux.  I suggest it is worth your time to learn how to work with files, directories, and zip files in your chosen OS.
(2021-10-30, 19:11)kodaksmith Wrote:
(2021-10-30, 18:47)barney63 Wrote: Would you be able to adapt some of the steps for Windows users?

My focus is on GNU/Linux.  I suggest it is worth your time to learn how to work with files, directories, and zip files in your chosen OS.
Well, I know that much, but my question was about creating a directory in step 4 but thanks anyway
Many commands in Windows are similar to GNU/Linux, except Windows uses a backslash "\" instead of a forward slash "/" to separate directories.
Following the instructions above, I have it working (for the most part) with some small issues outstanding.

I think where I misunderstood the instructions above was the addon had a directory called English and it was to be deleted and a new directory called en_gb was to replace it (if I have that correct)

It still would be nice if someone could update this addon (integrating the changes) and maybe get it back into the official repo someday
(2021-11-08, 04:29)barney63 Wrote: Following the instructions above, I have it working (for the most part) with some small issues outstanding.

I think where I misunderstood the instructions above was the addon had a directory called English and it was to be deleted and a new directory called en_gb was to replace it (if I have that correct)

It still would be nice if someone could update this addon (integrating the changes) and maybe get it back into the official repo someday

Per our private discussion I have created an initial Matrix version port of this addon.  It can be downloaded here.    If folks are willing to test and help debug things, I will support as best I can and then submit to the Kodi repo.  I've still got some work to do but this version loads and plays under Matrix.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Updated to 0.0.99a to add sort options (Default, By Date and By Title)  when browsing content. 

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
I've uploaded version 0.0.990c which has the following enhancements:

• Addon settings file converted to Kodi Matrix format
  • Fixed the Confluence setting so it only works with the Confluence skin, as designed. 
  • Added context menu items for Refresh and GoUp a level

Please give it a shot and let me know if you find any issues.

Jeff
(2012-10-05, 02:19)smpn Wrote: Works great, I've been hoping someone would make an NFB plugin for years!

I just watched "Ti-Jean Goes Lumbering" a nice Canadian folk tale
Worth downloading just to see this classic which a few generations grew up watching. Lots of award winning content, thanks to Jeff (jbinkley60) for reviving.
I've uploaded version 0.0.990d which has the following enhancements:

• Additional video metada added (i.e. Date Added, Duration etc..)
  • Added information context menu to display video details
  • Added additional sort methods
  • Changed the default sort method to Title

Please give this new version a try and let me know if you find any issues.

Jeff
Thumbs Up 
Thanks again for your fixes and support for this add-on.
(2021-11-25, 20:13)AntiPontifex Wrote: Thanks again for your fixes and support for this add-on.

Happy to bring this one back to life..  It was my pleasure.  I have uploaded version 0.0.990e which fixes a previous limit of only displaying 24 items in a category.  Now all items are displayed.   Thanks to  barney63 for identifying the bug.

Jeff

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] nfb.ca (Video) Plugin1