Dependencies, 'damaged' etc
I've got a requires in my addon.xml:

Code:
<requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.0"/>
    <import addon="script.artistslideshow" version="1.3"/>
  </requires>

...I figured this would cause peoiple installing my add on to automatically get the script.artistslideshow (which is in the official repo), but it appears instead they just get a message saying my add on is 'damaged'...

Is that expected behaviour? Shouldn't it cause the artist slideshow add on to be downloaded automatically? Or if already installed, the version checked and a check for updates triggered if version is less than 1.3?

That seems logical to me....but I may be misunderstanding the way 'requires' works...

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
You tried version 1.3.0 ?

Ow and version 1.3.0 is ONLY availble for user running XBMC Eden11.0 RC1 and up.
They are using the Eden repo. The XBMC version before that were using the pre-Eden repo
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yeah it (my addon) works well with 1.3, that's not the issue - the issue is that as the author of Addon A that depends on Addon B, I want to be able to specify that Addon B version 1.3 is downloaded and that what I thought 'requires' would do - pull in the required dependencies on the user's system. But instead if they don't have it, or have an old version, it tells them my add on is damaged...which doesn't seem right to me...

OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
I mean have you tried adding the zero behind 1.3?
1.3 -> 1.3.0

Could be that it breaks because of that. Normally dependency works exactly how you want it to work
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ah, sorry, I get it. Stupid me, no I haven't - I will, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dependencies, 'damaged' etc0