Rss feed stutters with milkdrop running
i've scripted autostarting background music and xbmc looks awesome with project mayhem iii and milkdrop!
one little hitch though, i like how the rss feed makes xbmc look more 'high tech', not to mention it's usefulness Wink but it's disabled now because it stutters with milkdrop running and the stuttering spoils the 'high tech look' while also making it annoying to read.
of course milkdrop has no problem utilizing all available power and it's worth it, so i'm not asking for the rss feed to steal a large chunk of resources, but only give it priority to avoid stuttering. i just see a little text line that struggles in contrast to milkdrop Huh
it's struggling because of milkdrop (which causes the frame rate to drop thus the speed of the scrolling slows). other vis's don't notice the slow down anywhere near as much, due to the fact that they are less demanding.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

so apparently vis's can drag the interface framerate down with them, it's all synced? i'm not a programmer and know nothing about this type of 'optimization', but what about a separate thread for text scrolling? somehow fix the framerate, sync it at 50/60hz? i have no idea of the work involved, but i understand that the skin framerate should be separated from the vis framerate (as long as the vis drops frames).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rss feed stutters with milkdrop running0