Possible to "extract" an installed add-in from xbmc to install on another instance?
Hello everyone,

i wonder if it possible to get an allready installed add-in, intalled on another instance of xbmc without access to the original .zip.

i have an add-in on my windows pc that seems not to be aviable online anymore and i dont have the original zip file i used to install it. now i have replaced my laptop with xbmc for a openelec box that is permanently connected to my tv but i cant find that add-in anymore.

is there some way to copy the right files to the right places to get that add-in working on my openelec box too?

thanks in advance
Try looking in the addons folder (should be in same path as your userdata (wiki) folder) and see if you can find a subfolder for your particular add-on. Copy this subfolder over to the addons folder of your other system.

Keep in mind that if you cannot find this add-on in the repositories, it may be because it's broken and no longer supported, so there's no guarantee it will work on your new system, especially if the XBMC versions are different on the two systems.
thanks for the tip, but sadly was no help. actually i could not locate a single of my addons in the addons folder. there a plenty of metadata. screensaver. and whatever folders but no folder of any plugin i would recognize.

i am looking for the tape.tv add-on. its even mentioned in the wiki but not aviable for download anymore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to "extract" an installed add-in from xbmc to install on another instance?0