Win Correct Rendering Settings for Videos?
Hey guys,

New to XBMC and I am enjoying it Smile

Finally got to organizing my TV Show collection. Soon to start with the movies.

Anyways, What is the best Rendering method that i should go with?

My cpu is Intel i5 2500K
My gpu is Intel HD 3000
My monitor is Dell 24" U2412M (16:10 @ 1920 x 1200)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Render Method: Auto Detect (Current Setting)
Allow Hardware Acceleration (DXVA2) (SET TO DISABLED)
Adjust Display refresh rate to match video (Enabled)
Pause During Refresh Rate Change (Disabled)
Sync Playback to Display (Disabled)

In Playback Options (The Pause Screen During Video Playback)
Deinterlace Video : Off
Deinterlace Method: ?
Video Scaling Method: DXVA

Messing around with the Deinterlacing either causes my videos to not move at all , or microstutter all the way.

If you update to the newest drivers you can enable DVXA, Works awesome on my laptop with the HD 3000s,
Can your U2412M support the changing refresh rate to match video? Looking at the tech sheet it looks like its 60Hz so probably would want to disable "Adjust Display refresh rate to match video" (I think)
The rest of the settings look fine to me.
I have Deinterlace and deinterlace method to Auto and never run into any issues.
(2012-03-19, 19:22)DanLongman Wrote: If you update to the newest drivers you can enable DVXA, Works awesome on my laptop with the HD 3000s,
Can your U2412M support the changing refresh rate to match video? Looking at the tech sheet it looks like its 60Hz so probably would want to disable "Adjust Display refresh rate to match video" (I think)
The rest of the settings look fine to me.
I have Deinterlace and deinterlace method to Auto and never run into any issues.

Whats your Driver Version? Mine is 8.15.10.2653 (Downloaded from Windows Update)

I don't quite understand the changing of refresh rate. Do you mean that some monitors are able to scaled down to 24Hz etc to match the videos while my monitor is fixed at 60Hz? What difference would it make actually, if I had a monitor that could go down to 24Hz?

Thank you so much for checking out the tech sheet and taking your time to reply.

I appreciate it.

The windows update version of the driver would cause issues for me with DXVA, I am running 15.22.50.64.2509
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_D...Drivers%0A

Basically if you have a 120Hz or higher display, You can show the 24fps content at 24hz (each frame repeated 5 times)(24hz * 5=120hz) you get much more natural looking film display

And your welcome, anytime Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Correct Rendering Settings for Videos?0