HTPC won't stay suspended
Hi, when suspending my HTPC from xbmc it won't stay suspended. It keeps waking up without me touching the remote and there is no keyboard or mouse connected. Sometimes it stays suspended for a couple of minutes sometimes just a few seconds. Is there any setting in xbmc that you guys know of that might cause it to wake up?

Is there any way to find out what causes the computer to wake up? I'm running xbmc on Windows 7.
What about the event log in Windows?
Doesn't it provide info like that?

cheers,
mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
There are several events that can wake up a pc.

At first I would take a look at your ethernet-card's WakeOnLAN-settings. If you don't need it, deactive it, otherwise put it to only wake up on a magic-packet.

If that doesn't help, go and take a look inside Windows7's scheduler, there might be a task that wakes up your pc to do whatever...
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
Thank's for the suggestions. I'll have a look in the log and will check my WakeOnLan-settings.
Yeh definitely try to disable wake-on-lan in the bios if its on the motherboard.
It was the WakeOnLan that caused the computer to wake up. Here's a tip if you want to know what devices that are enabled to wake your PC:

1. Run cmd
2. In that command window type: powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

this will list all devices that can wake the PC up.

Thanks for your help.
WOL is a useful feature to have. Make sure it is set to wake on magic packet only, and not directed packet. This will prevent the PC from waking up from general network traffic. Go to the device manager and right click on the NIC and choose properties. Look through the various tabs for something such as only allow a magic packet to wake the computer or settings to disable directed packets. These can usually be found in the Advanced tab, or the Power Management tab. You should rarely if ever have to disable it in the BIOS.
Yes, that's what I did. Turn it off from the device manager and not in the BIOS. Currently I have no need for WakeOnLan so right now I've disabled it but will turn it on again using magic packet when I feel I need it.

Thanks for your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC won't stay suspended0