My x11vnc settings for XBMC and XBMCbuntu
I have been testing some different solutions to get application like TouchPad on iPhone and iPad to work with XBMC and X as an mouse / keyboard extension so I dont need a remotecontrol, physical keyboard or a mouse.

TouchPad (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/touchpad/...23931?mt=8) works perfectly on any vnc server, but I had a bit of trouble to get x11vnc to work with different resolutions and most of all without x without a framebuffer.
Another problem was that I needed a framebuffer size that matched xbmc resolution to get the mouse to be able to go all over the screen.
The -pipeinput UINPUT makes x11vnc to post the mouse/keyboard events to /dev/uinput so it appears as a native keyboard and mouse.

My projector has a resolution of 1280x800, and this is the settings I came up with:

$ sudo x11vnc -pipeinput UINPUT -loop -rawfb file:/dev/null@2560x1600x8 -usepw

I have no idea why I had to multiple the resolution by 2 and why there is some small flicker when moving the mouseopointer, if anyone got any suggestions I would be really interested.

Otherwise it work really good. I just use my ipad as keyboard and mouse at the moment.

Best regards Andreas
Why not just use one of the remotes?
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My x11vnc settings for XBMC and XBMCbuntu0