fast forward/chapter skip problems
Why does XBMC seem to have issues with every movie I test when it comes to fast forwarding, and skipping chapters, to where once you get so far into the movie, it will just take you back to the beginning of the movie? Sometimes I try to rewind the movie, and it goes fast forward instead. I can't seem to take my mouse and drag on the timeline bar to seek a position in the movie either.
I was testing out the movie The Tuskegee Airmen, and I was skipping ahead in the movie, but every single time I would get to about the 52 minute mark, the movie would start back at the beginning. I seem to have this issue with a ton of movies in XBMC.
I am using Eden RC 2 btw. Thanks.
Windows XP 32 Bit
Athlon 4000+ 2.4 gig
3 gigs DDR RAM
ASUS EN8400GS SILENT/DI/1GD2(LP) Video Card
(2.0 card running in a x16 1.0 slot...older Gigabyte motherboard!)
Ultra Modular 600 Watt Power Supply
XBMC Frodo
I can't say I have seen this problem. But I can test out later tonight when I get back home. Do all your movies suffer the same issue around the 52min mark? Are they similar codecs and containers?
Are the video files bigger than 2GB? if yes how are the files accessed (builtin: nfs, smb, local)?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
They are dvd iso files stored on local hard drive....so most files are 4 gigs or so. It doesn't happen the same place every movie. I can usually jump ahead so far into the movie though before it happens.
Windows XP 32 Bit
Athlon 4000+ 2.4 gig
3 gigs DDR RAM
ASUS EN8400GS SILENT/DI/1GD2(LP) Video Card
(2.0 card running in a x16 1.0 slot...older Gigabyte motherboard!)
Ultra Modular 600 Watt Power Supply
XBMC Frodo
The fast forwarding in DVDs has been broken for as long as I can remember. It works fine for ripped video though.

JR
(2012-03-21, 13:37)jhsrennie Wrote: The fast forwarding in DVDs has been broken for as long as I can remember. It works fine for ripped video though.

JR

the same issues happen if you're watching a movie split into 2 CD's.. you can skip past CD1 into CD2 but can't rewind back into CD1 (or at least that was the behaviour a year or two ago, been a while since I've come across it).. perhaps the same happens with DVD isos or folders due to movies being multiple .vobs? /shrug
Unfortunately I can not test this, as all my movies are ripped to .mkvs. I'm not a fan of DVD .iso files.
Hi all, I have the same problem with skipping and fast forwarding, all my movies are affected by this and various file formats: avi, mkv., mp4's. I run Windows Ultimate 64bit with 8GB of Ram a decent Nvidia graphics card (with latest drivers) and an i5 SandyBridge CPU. This has been happening since before the latest stable build.
Any help would be hot.
(2012-03-21, 20:27)kricker Wrote: Unfortunately I can not test this, as all my movies are ripped to .mkvs. I'm not a fan of DVD .iso files.
I have the same problem with one specific season of MKVs. I can get you one of them (note: it's huge) if you are really interested for testing/debugging purposes. Scrolling forward ca. half a minute (KEY_LEFT) works fine, but KEY_UP doesn't. It's supposed to skip to the next chapter and in the progress bar it does for a fraction of a second (the time skips to the start of the next chapter), but then it just starts where it was, but a few seconds ahead. Pressing down works as expected: it returns to the beginning of the current chapter.

mkvextract chapters (-s) bla.mkv outputs proper chapter files. So does mediainfo.

I don't have these problems with any other video file I have.

edit: I've come to discern a pattern. Whenever I'm past (a certain point) in a chapter, I can freely skip through those chapters back and forth. Seems like some kind of caching My files are all stored locally on a very fast array (800MiB/s sequential read). The bitrate of the video is 30MBit though, but I've had worse ones that worked just fine.
Sure upload it somewhere and I'll be happy to test with it.
(2012-06-02, 02:03)kricker Wrote: Sure upload it somewhere and I'll be happy to test with it.
Sent you a PM.
Hi All, I got this crash report when I skipped through one of my files a few days ago:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: XBMC.exe
Application Version: 10.5.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4f6a5a0a
Fault Module Name: StackHash_ffb8
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000ce6c3
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 7177
Additional Information 1: ffb8
Additional Information 2: ffb8879327babdfca607743f198cfff7
Additional Information 3: 1f90
Additional Information 4: 1f903cc32d83e7c28aafaf21b19e1b90

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=1...cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
laspikedeLycmusic

This is all Greek to me, so if anyone can look at this and let us know what the problem might be.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fast forward/chapter skip problems0