Loading external audio tracks
Some more extensions: .flac, .wav, .m4a, .mka, .wma, .alac, .aiff

Is there no way to get a list of supported audio formats from xbmc's audio classes to avoid having a hardcoded list?
(2012-08-28, 15:41)sialivi Wrote: Is there no way to get a list of supported audio formats from xbmc's audio classes to avoid having a hardcoded list?

The recognised file extensions are now read from g_settings.m_musicExtensions, i.e., you can easily add more extensions via advancedsettings.xml: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ensions.3E .

ace20022,

Will it prioritize what track to default to the same way as it currently does for movies with only internal audio tracks?

Unlike subtitles, were you would normally want to default to external ones, I think in most usecases you would want audio track to default to the best track available.
I just added a commit to the PR which provides the info from external tracks the system needs for the evaluation of the preferred language.
Furthermore, I added a simple parse step of the filenames, so that a user can provide missing infos.

For example, the file The Matrix.English - Commentary.ac3 will get the language code eng and the name "English - name [Commentary]", where name is the originally calculated name, e.g., "Stereo". a.b.c maps to "b - name" if b is a valid language, and to "name [b]" otherwise.

Have you already tested my code?
That's great. I really appreciate the work you're putting into this feature, it's something I use very frequently so it's great to finally not having to switch to another application everytime.

No, I'm not set up to compile xbmc here, I'll have to wait for the next alpha snapshot.
Still no word on when this will be merged into the main branch?
Has anyone tested this? I've been watching for reports on this patch being successfully used - post here if you have test comments.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I can build a nightly version with the patches applied if someone is interested.
Hello ace20022,
I'm interested in.
The patches are on top of rev f6744:
https://github.com/downloads/ace20022/xb...1b2-dx.exe

A new version can be found here: #41
Of course, feedback is welcome.
Hello ace20022
It works. Smile
Great job.
@25: ace200022,
you did a great job!

Installed from your link, works fine, but I noticed a glitch:
I can skip back and forth (by pressing up/down or alike) when playing internal audio track just fine, but
if I skip when external audio is played, the audio continues without skipping, video skips, but starts stuttering.
If I skip with internal audio and then switch to external then it is ok too.
Confirmed the issue mentioned above, chapter skipping doesn't work though skipping with ff/rew does.
Hello ace20022
I tried to compile xbmc with patches on linux system and I got this error:

CPP xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDMessage.o
DVDFileInfo.cpp: In static member function ‘static bool CDVDFileInfo:Big GrinemuxerToStreamDetails(CDVDInputStream*, CDVDDemux*, CStreamDetails&, bool, const CStdString&)’:
DVDFileInfo.cpp:468:134: error: cannot pass objects of non-trivially-copyable type ‘struct std:Confusedtring’ through ‘...’
DVDFileInfo.cpp:468:134: warning: format ‘%s’ expects type ‘char*’, but argument 4 has type ‘std:Confusedtring’
DVDFileInfo.cpp:475:147: error: cannot pass objects of non-trivially-copyable type ‘struct std:Confusedtring’ through ‘...’
DVDFileInfo.cpp:475:147: warning: format ‘%s’ expects type ‘char*’, but argument 4 has type ‘std:Confusedtring’
CPP xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Audio/DVDAudioCodecFFmpeg.o
make[1]: *** [DVDFileInfo.o] Error 1
make: *** [xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDPlayer.a] Error 2
Hi wojak,

EDIT: I have committed a fix.

Could you please try it again?

@Access denied and @sialivi I will have a look into this asap.
Just for clarification @Access denied: skipping with ext. tracks doesn't work at all?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Loading external audio tracks3