Win  - stub files - possible auto play if disc is in drive?
Hi

Wondering if it's possible to find a way around the "please insert disc" pop-up for eject or play when using stub files and have the disc play automatically if it's in the drive already?
I'm guessing a script of some kind? not my bag unfortunately so if someone out there cleverer than I could write one, I'd be very grateful. or maybe even help me compose one. Have to learn sometime I guess.

Thanks in advance Big Grin
I'm on Eden Beta 3 but looking to move to RC2, not sure if that makes a difference.

I'm not sure what you're asking for....(I may be slightly misunderstanding your request) I have an offline listing for Finding Nemo, throw the DVD in the drive... hit play and it plays... hit eject and it ejects..., If the disk is not in the drive ... I hit load... then play. If you're using just short trailers or short.avi as stubs... then of course this isn't going to happen. If you want this behavior you have to have a text file called "Finding Nemo [OffLine].dvd.disc" and within you'll find the contents

<discstub>
<message>Message to be displayed</message>
</discstub>

This should bring up the disk request. The Wiki's have a bit more detail http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...fake_files

oops sorry i should have been clearer.

What I'm after is ...
clicking on the (stub) movie listing in the movie menu just plays the DVD rather than having the pop-up as well. If this was a movie was on the hard drive it would just play right away. So as the disc is in the disc drive can I get it to just play as if it was like a movie on the hard drive

Also I'm using the Cinema Experience plug-in, and once it reaches the point where the movie would play you get the pop-up.
I'm trying to find a way to streamline the process so that i don't need to click play and the DVD disc is played anyway.

Thanks Smile
Just turn on auto playback when a DVD is inserted

Settings -> Video -> DVDs -> Play DVDs automatically

That way you have the same number of steps, and all your DVDs are cataloged in the XBMC library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
- stub files - possible auto play if disc is in drive?0