Win urgent intel G630 work with xbmc
I am thinking about getting a gateway touch intel pentium G630 with windows 7. (all in one pc) will this handle xbmc on it? want to run 1080 or 720 vids.

opinions and will the touch skin work on this?

thanks

Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
You need to post the spec: I have no idea what's in a Gateway G630.

The only really important bit is the video card. Avoid Intel video processors as they can give problems with hardware acceleration. I prefer NVIDIA GPUs, but there are many happy AMD users hereabouts.

JR
graphics just say intel HD

specs
Don't do it then - at least until Intel improves their graphics drivers.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Or buy the PC then buy a cheap NVIDIA G210: assuming the G630 allows you to install an additional video card.

JR
(2012-03-23, 11:57)jhsrennie Wrote: Or buy the PC then buy a cheap NVIDIA G210: assuming the G630 allows you to install an additional video card.

JR
I don't think that the all-in-one PC have option to upgrade GPU...

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-03-22, 18:22)rflores2323 Wrote: I am thinking about getting a gateway touch intel pentium G630 with windows 7. (all in one pc) will this handle xbmc on it? want to run 1080 or 720 vids.

opinions and will the touch skin work on this?

thanks
If you can find all-in-one PC with AMD GPU, it work great with XBMC. I bought this "Dell Inspiron 2305 2.4GHz AMD Athlon II X4 610e" for my wife last Xmas. It can playback everything I threw at it so far......

well i wentaheadand purchased itsince the wifey wanted it for the kitchen. so far works great at playing content for sd and hd. no problems at all. installed joggler skin and love it. havent watched a full movie on it however.
one of the problems I am having is smb disconnecting and I have to restart pc.
(2012-03-24, 00:22)rflores2323 Wrote: well i wentaheadand purchased itsince the wifey wanted it for the kitchen. so far works great at playing content for sd and hd. no problems at all. installed joggler skin and love it. havent watched a full movie on it however.
If the wife is happy everyone is happy....and I'm glad that everything work out as plans.......

(2012-03-24, 03:08)bluray Wrote:
(2012-03-24, 00:22)rflores2323 Wrote: well i wentaheadand purchased itsince the wifey wanted it for the kitchen. so far works great at playing content for sd and hd. no problems at all. installed joggler skin and love it. havent watched a full movie on it however.
If the wife is happy everyone is happy....and I'm glad that everything work out as plans.......

And thus, the key to a successful marriage. Nobody is happy if the wife is not happy.Nod
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
(2012-03-24, 17:44)htpc guy Wrote:
(2012-03-24, 03:08)bluray Wrote:

And thus, the key to a successful marriage. Nobody is happy if the wife is not happy.Nod

soooo true. . what I love about my wife she says this is her pc she wanted and got a transformer ffor her bday last month... girls got an atv1 this month muahahahaha.... all electronics that I can pimp out. lol

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
urgent intel G630 work with xbmc0