Video Stuttering
(2012-03-26, 14:05)ihaveworms Wrote:
(2012-03-23, 17:47)DDDamian Wrote: It is a known issue with Windows - a fix will be along soon.
Is this the same issue that causes video to stutter after XBMC has been running for an extended amount of time (days)?

I don't think so, but one can hope...
@ihaveworms - a good check to do in that case is check free memory as time goes by to look for memory leaks,
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-03-26, 17:37)DDDamian Wrote: @ihaveworms - a good check to do in that case is check free memory as time goes by to look for memory leaks,
Well it isn't a new problem. It is pretty well known and there is a thread on the forums discussing it.
I have only seen this issue in Eden, it's really annoying and I think I will have to go back to Dharma. It means that, for my system, pause of no longer an option - maybe pausing for five seconds is OK but any more and it stutters and I have to stop and then play again.

I appreciate this is probably not on a list of things to fix, but I noticed it since RC1 - the betas were fine. I even mentioned it in the announcement thread, but no one seemed to notice.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
There's two fixes in the pipes, one's a patch undergoing review, the other is the AE merge. Not like it's being ignored - most of the devs either haven't had many reports or can't reproduce it. If Dharma's your option in between, or one of the beta's then that's fine - not like it's the end of the world either way.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-03-27, 03:33)DDDamian Wrote: There's two fixes in the pipes, one's a patch undergoing review, the other is the AE merge. Not like it's being ignored - most of the devs either haven't had many reports or can't reproduce it. If Dharma's your option in between, or one of the beta's then that's fine - not like it's the end of the world either way.

lol true Smile I guess this is a skin issue? I found this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126673
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2012-03-27, 03:53)Piers Wrote:
(2012-03-27, 03:33)DDDamian Wrote: There's two fixes in the pipes, one's a patch undergoing review, the other is the AE merge. Not like it's being ignored - most of the devs either haven't had many reports or can't reproduce it. If Dharma's your option in between, or one of the beta's then that's fine - not like it's the end of the world either way.

lol true Smile I guess this is a skin issue? I found this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126673

Looks that way - one thing I'm noticing is the number of folks upgrading to Eden only to have it freeze on startup, when the issue is their last skin was one not upgraded yet for Eden. It just crashes, not because of Eden per se, but the older skin not being compatible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Stuttering0