Home screen improvements
I would like to see some changes in home screen and in XBMC generally in order to make XBMC more "online oriented". I will try explain what I mean.

In these days many PC users only use one program on their computer and that is some version of web browser. Everything they care about is online. Youtube, mail, news, social network, weather...

First thing I change when I install XBMC is changing RSS feed to local news site but that crawl is to slow and I can see only headlines and that is usually not enough. For me better option is to have something like we have today on smart phones or smart TV. Home screen that can display news and photos from news site in the part of the screen, weather in another corner and some Youtube recommendation maybe.

I live in Serbia and there is on Samsung smart TVs apps like this for some Serbian web pages. Another app that would be useful for me can be also found on Samsung apps and it is a small program that can display traffic cams in Belgrade on Samsung TVs.

All this are only examples that suits my needs but what I actually suggesting here is to make XBMC more a live. More online oriented. I want, every time I start XBMC, to see something new, some new video for me (based on my interests) or favorite daily comic from local newspaper, new trailers...

I hope that all this make any sense and sorry for my bad English. And off course sorry if all this is already suggested.

No. I use XBMC to watch local content and occasionally streams from places such as Giant Bomb. If you want social shit, use Boxee.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home screen improvements0