Linux Eden and Bluetooth : No Bluetooth ???
Question 
Hello,

So I made a new HTPC using an AMD fusion board. Downloaded the Eden Beta Live Install, burned to a CD, booted from said CD, and installed it onto the hard drive of the new machine. So far, so good. Everything is pretty much working as it should, and I like that there is a GUI I can drop into to make changes, vs. just the command line. (Unfortunately, the command line still seems to be needed to perform many tasks)

I have a bluetooth keyboard/trackpad combo, and would like to make it work with Eden. i have a small USB dongle that works fine in Windows. My foolish hope was that I would plug the dongle into the USB port on the HTPC and it would pop up with the config dialog boxes, I'd pair the keyboard and be on my way. Alas, it's not to be.

Googled [extensively, and searched the forums] looking for instructions, and found a very limited amount of info with the command line instructions to pair the keyboard, install the bluetooth software, etc... but they are all for the older versions, and the commands result in errors on my machine. Soooooo, not being a linux guy, I'm stuck.

Can someone please, pretty please, post simple instructions that we can copy and paste (apart from the MAC address of the bluetooth device) to enable the bluetooth functionality? I really don't want to use Windows 7, but between bluetooth headaches, and the lack of Netflix, I might end up spending more for a windows license than I did for the Motherboard/CPU combo it's running on. Undecided

Thank you in advance,

-Jason
IIRC, there are potential plans for adding this kind of support within XBMC itself at some point, but for now you'll need to install an additional package for lubuntu (the base of XBMC Live). It shouldn't be too hard, though, and should give you a nice GUI for everything. A quick search found a nice video walkthrough on how to install and set everything up here: http://lubuntu.net/blog/lubuntu-screencast-bluetooth

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden and Bluetooth : No Bluetooth ???0