Linux HW Acceleration for Intel X4500 HD?
Hi,

I'm thinking of switching from Win7 to Ubuntu/XBMCbuntu on my HTPC machine for varioius reasons. What's holding me back at this point is the question of HW Acceleration for the Intel X4500 HD GPU my htpc is running.

So, simply: Is it possible? VDPAU or DXVA or whatever the correct abbreviation is, with Ubuntu and Intel X4500 HD chipset?

HTPC based on a ASUS P5Q-EM running a Intel E4400 @ 2GHz with 8GB of PC6400 RAM. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 installed on a Samsung T166 SpinPoint 320GB while medialibrary is stored on a 2TB WD Caviar Green. Cat6 STP connects to a Linksys WRT610N which is connected to the Internet over a 100mbit/s fiber. HID is a Ace C5 Media wireless Trackball.
Intel is pretty good with their Linux drivers...VA works fine in Ubuntu with my DG45ID.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Yeah, use VDPAU, not DXVA - Intel and DXVA are a bad mix for now.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thanks for the quick reply guys

have a nice weekend! Smile

HTPC based on a ASUS P5Q-EM running a Intel E4400 @ 2GHz with 8GB of PC6400 RAM. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 installed on a Samsung T166 SpinPoint 320GB while medialibrary is stored on a 2TB WD Caviar Green. Cat6 STP connects to a Linksys WRT610N which is connected to the Internet over a 100mbit/s fiber. HID is a Ace C5 Media wireless Trackball.
Hi,

I also have the Intel mainboard DG45ID.

Isn't VDPAU for nvidia cards? VAAPI is for intel, isn't it?
(2012-04-18, 16:11)ACiDC0re Wrote: Hi,

I also have the Intel mainboard DG45ID.

Isn't VDPAU for nvidia cards? VAAPI is for intel, isn't it?

Correct. You may find VAAPI backend drivers for non-Intel systems like NVidia or ATI but those are outdated and I won't recommend those.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HW Acceleration for Intel X4500 HD?0