PVR Support Added to Confluence Vertical
I've been playing with the PVR branch and decided I really wanted to use this in Confluence Vertical. It took a pretty light touch to add PVR support, so if anyone is interested, it's available at:

https://github.com/pkscout/skin.confluence.vertical.mod

The main branch is just the PVR changes. I've made a bunch of other modifications as well that are in the personalmods branch. I'll probably try and post some screen shots of that later. For now if you want to poke around, those mods are available at:

https://github.com/pkscout/skin.confluen...rsonalmods
(2012-03-24, 01:15)pkscuot Wrote: I've been playing with the PVR branch and decided I really wanted to use this in Confluence Vertical. It took a pretty light tough to add PVR support, so if anyone is interested, it's available at:

https://github.com/pkscout/skin.confluence.vertical.mod

The main branch is just the PVR changes. I've made a bunch of other modifications as well that are in the personalmods branch. I'll probably try and post some screen shots of that later. For now if you want to poke around, those mods are available at:

https://github.com/pkscout/skin.confluen...rsonalmods

Cool Smile Like your weather on the home page, I would lift them a little above the RSS feed though.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

(2012-03-24, 12:12)Mudislander Wrote: Cool Smile Like your weather on the home page, I would lift them a little above the RSS feed though.

I don't use the RSS feed, so currently nothing has been checked with that running, and I realized last night that might be a problem. I'll see if I can do some more tweaking over the next few days.
(2012-03-24, 15:37)pkscuot Wrote: I don't use the RSS feed, so currently nothing has been checked with that running, and I realized last night that might be a problem. I'll see if I can do some more tweaking over the next few days.

That sounds very familiar Big Grin BTW I forked from your Git.

Noli illegitimi carborundum

The mods should now all be RSS friendly. Here are a few screens shots of all my personal mods. A few notes:

1. All the home screen backgrounds are customizable as usual, and that's what you'll see in most of the screenshots. I used standard confluence images for the default backgrounds so as not to disrupt things much.
  2. I'm using a different addon pack for the weather images. Those are stored in the XBMC program directory and have nothing to do with my skin mods
  3. The date/time/weather bar on the home screen shows up on all screens
  4. The mods include support for Artist Slideshow in the full screen music now playing
  5. I added a few things to the strings.xml file but haven't updated any of them except the English one. All my changes are at the bottom of the strings file and labeled as customizations.

Weather
If you have Weather information enabled, you'll get an abbreviated set of forecast information at the bottom of the weather home screen.

This one is just to show that favorites and shutdown are no longer icons and instead in the menu. This allowed me to reduce the width of the side bar.

TVShows
I borrowed the recently added display from Confluence vertical. I borrowed from Metropolis the idea to have a smaller 16x9 ratio image so you can see your entire fanart. If you disable recently added then both the recently added info and the smaller 16x9 image go away. You'll also notice that the slide out tray has been moved to the far right of the screen. That allowed me to maximize the screen space for the new recently added options.

Movies
Ditto for movies.

Now Playing
I moved the now playing info for music/video to the lower left. It won't show in Videos/Movies/TV Shows if you have recently added active. There's just no place for it to go.

In weather and LiveTV the now playing will shift up to be above the other information already there.

LiveTV
Mostly just to prove the support is there. If you download just the PVR support from the master branch you'll get the "standard" now/next recording box in the upper right.

Very nice additions...I like it...if you want, you can contribute to mudislander's and mine little project...
Any help is appreciated...

cheers...
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
(2012-03-24, 21:46)mad-max Wrote: Very nice additions...I like it...if you want, you can contribute to mudislander's and mine little project...
Any help is appreciated...

I'd be happy to push whichever of my changes you'd like to you. Which little project might that be?

P.S. There is a beta version of the Weather Underground plugin out that replicates most of the data from Weather Plus. I quickly hacked at the default Confluence weather pages to remove the weather plus support and use the updated plugin instead. If you want to look at that, the files are here.
You can check my GIT repos, there is a verical confluence mod in the early, early stages...
There we will collect all mods were facing...so feel free to submit whatever you like ;-)
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Support Added to Confluence Vertical0