Win No stereo upmix in Win7 it was in XP?
I upgraded my htpc (that started out as nas) from Win XP 32bit to Windows 7 64bit. Everything seems working but I have noticed some sound issues. I think with XP XBMC was able to upmix stereo sound. Is this possible?

edit: I think the option was called Upmix, cant find it @ win7.

Setup:
I have an external 5.1 decoder (DD no DTS) hooked up by an optical link from my motherboard (fusion e-350 setup).
XBMC: 10.1

Changes in OS:
-Different driver menu with apparently less options. XP had some checkboxes for optical.
-More audio devices than xp (I think that one had 2).

Changes XBMC:
@ XBMC settings I can chose more stuff than XP; There is W...api and directsound (though directsound doenst work) and then there are 3 types; hdmi, digital and ditigal (optical).

Issue:
Now before I upgraded I am thought stereo tracks got upmixed to 5.1 DD by XBMC so my receiver would always have the Digital indicator blinking (as opposed to stereo which only broadcasts to 2 speakers). But since my latest downloas all had 5.1 sound I am not 100% sure of this.

I tried chosing the option "output to all speakers" during playback but then my receiver gets double signals lighting up both digital and dynamic digit or digital and stero. Very strange!!!!

Any suggestions? I really loved that XBMC downmixed DTS to DD and upmixed Stereo to DD (at least I think it did the latter?).

edit2:
"Output stereo to all speakers" does not work, when enabled still only 2 of 5 speakers produce sound. When disabled the receiver goes in the "fake" digital mode which lowers my volume by 50%, I think this DID work @ XP.
XBMC Eden (and pre-Eden) can decode DTS to PCM, or transcode stereo to AC3 2.0.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-03-24, 04:18)DDDamian Wrote: XBMC Eden (and pre-Eden) can decode DTS to PCM, or transcode stereo to AC3 2.0.

Are you sure 10.1 cant convert AC3 2.0 to DD signal with the output stereo to all speakers function?

I would like to wait with eden till the final release (Afraid of bugs, I prefer things to work without hassle ^^).
Yes, that upmix feature was dropped some time ago. Switch your receiver to send stereo output to all channels or wait until the new AudioEngine comes out sometime after Eden final.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No stereo upmix in Win7 it was in XP?0