Flooding the forum with the same error won't help to solve it.
I just expended an hour reading this forum and it's getting annoying for me. I can't imagine how amet must feel.

First: people please, before posting a problem try to find out if your problem is already reported.

Most of you are having encoding related issues and posting it over and over again.

I will conceded that, as a normal user, it is difficult to identify it because the symptom is always the same: "You select a subtitle and you get a "Downloaded message" but it doesn't work or simply in never finishes downloading.

But once you consider reporting you have to work a little with debug logs and there, there are simple verifications you can do. It's usually a good idea to look for lines with ERROR: in your debug log and try to search in the forum for what comes after that.

If you do that, you will probably find in your debug log something in the form:
"ERROR: UnicodeDecodeError"

If you have that, your problem has already reported and is being worked on.

If you still need to add up to the pile of people complaining just select a thread that suits you and post there your full debug log. Don't start a new thread please!

And while we are at that, PLEASE read the posting recommendation for a useful report comment (it's in amet's signature). I can't even count how many times amet has to write "that is not a debug log. In future read how to post debug log

No offense intended. Just trying to be constructive.
Always read the XBMC Online Manual,Frequently Asked Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log file.

Amen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flooding the forum with the same error won't help to solve it.0