Watch state from nfo file not importing.
Hello

I currently have all my movies in one folder. Some of those movies need renaming and all will be put into each of there own folders for the purpose of nfo & picture backup.

All movies already have their own nfo file with playcount set to 1 for the ones I've watched. To test I moved one movie into it's own folder and while movie details remain (as imported from nfo) the playcount 1 status (watched) is ignored and therefore appears un-watched within XBMC.

After a search I found I needed to create and include an advancedsettings.xml with the following in order for watch state to be imported....

<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Done this, fired up XBMC, but that particular test movie still remains un-watched.

Where am I going wrong please?

Thank you
Anyone? Really need to get this sorted as do not want to lose my watch status should I need rescan at some point or in this case move films into their separate folders.
Did you rescan it in after changing the advancedsettings.xml?

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
I have 'update library on startup' selected so thought this should pick up the changes? Just did manual rescan and now watched status picked up correctly thank you, but still, shouldn't the 'update library at startup' option pick this up?
Unfortunately "Update Library on Startup" only looks for new entries, not for small changes within existing entries.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
No worries, thanks for confirming DDDamian.
When I mentioned 'manual rescan' in my above post worked, what I actually did was refresh. I though this was the same as a scan but clearly not. A manual scan for new content doesn't seem to include refreshing from exisiting nfo files either. How do I 'refresh' a whole movie folder without having to refresh each individual movie file please? Only currently way I can get the watch status to update from the nfo file is too press 'I' while movie file highlighted and select refresh.

Further more if I add a source, say a folder with a movie in it with nfo, thumb, fanart etc already present, how do I add that to the library as currently I cannot scan it without adding a scraper (scan option is not available until I do), but then everything just gets scraped and nfo is ingored?
I don't know of any way to automate that short of delete source / clean library / add source / scrape.

For your second point when you add the scraper a window should pop up and ask "Ignore local content and refresh from Internet" - say no and it should just read in your local .nfo file.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Set your source content to none -> click ok -> set it back to the correct source Smile
This will clean and afterwords update your library for that source and using the NFO files
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thank you Martijn, this method worked perfectly, but now I have the same problem again. I still have the same advancedsettings.xml, running Eden, I just renamed my movie folder and so need to recreate library from .nfo's but the watch state is not being pulled through. Has something chance with Eden, how do I pull through watched state now please?

UPDATE: Issue resolved! For some reason my advancedsettings.xml looked like this...

<videolibrary>
</mymovies>
</videolibrary>

...so amended to what I have in my first post, and watched state is correctly being imported again Smile
I'm suddenly having a problem with this in Gotham, when importing my library which all have NFO files including playcount 1. Advancedsettings.xml in xbmc/userdata

<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

None of the watched states are being imported. I assume I must be overlooking something obvious because I used to have no problems with this -- I just reinstalled Gotham since Helix does not get the correct date information from my movies, making my entire library hopelessly out of order in terms of added date.

edit: Oops. It's been so long since I've used anything but portable mode that I didn't realized the advancedsettings.xml belongs in AppData/Roaming
After re-doing my KODI box 4 times and sitting for days trying to figure out why the "Watched State" wasn't importing, I eventually tried to dumb it down to just the one line

<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Low and behold it worked, so, there is obviously something wrong with my advancedsettings.xml file content.

My question is, can someone please just take a look at it for me and see if you notice something wrong with it, because I have looked over this lot 1000 times already and I can't seem to find the hiccup. I even went as far as deleting spaces after entries that I found, but this still never resolved the erroneous scanning KODI was doing.

<advancedsettings>
<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
<cputempcommand>cputemp</cputempcommand>
<gputempcommand>gputemp</gputempcommand>
<gputempcommand>/usr/bin/aticonfig --od-gettemperature | grep Temperature | cut -f 2 -d "-" | cut -f 1 -d "." | sed -e "s, ,," | sed 's/$/ C/'</gputempcommand>
<samba>
<clienttimeout>30</clienttimeout>
</samba>
<network>
<curlclienttimeout>10</curlclienttimeout>
<curllowspeedtime>5</curllowspeedtime>
<cachemembuffersize>5242880</cachemembuffersize>
<disableipv6>true</disableipv6>
</network>
<videolibrary>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
<cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
<hideallitems>true</hideallitems>
<hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>
<recentlyaddeditems>35</recentlyaddeditems>
</videolibrary>
<videoscanner>
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
</videoscanner>
<video>
<cleandatetime>(.*[^ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-])[ _\.\(\)\[\]\-]+(19[0-9][0-9]|20[0-1][0-9])([ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-]|[^0-9]?$)</cleandatetime>
<subsdelayrange>30</subsdelayrange>
<audiodelayrange>30</audiodelayrange>
<playcountminimumpercent>90</playcountminimumpercent>
</video>
<edl>
<mergeshortcommbreaks>false</mergeshortcommbreaks>
<maxcommbreaklength>250</maxcommbreaklength>
<mincommbreaklength>90</mincommbreaklength>
<maxcommbreakgap>120</maxcommbreakgap>
<commbreakautowait>0</commbreakautowait>
<commbreakautowind>0</commbreakautowind>
</edl>
<pvr>
<timecorrection>0</timecorrection>
<infotoggleinterval>3000</infotoggleinterval>
<minvideocachelevel>65</minvideocachelevel>
<minaudiocachelevel>65</minaudiocachelevel>
<cacheindvdplayer>true</cacheindvdplayer>
<channeliconsautoscan>true</channeliconsautoscan>
<autoscaniconsuserset>false</autoscaniconsuserset>
<numericchannelswitchtimeout>1000</numericchannelswitchtimeout>
</pvr>
<epg>
<lingertime>1440</lingertime>
<updatecheckinterval>300</updatecheckinterval>
<lingercleanupintervaltime>900</cleanupinterval>
<activetagcheckinterval>60</activetagcheckinterval>
<retryinterruptedupdateinterval>30</retryinterruptedupdateinterval>
<updateemptytagsinterval>60</updateemptytagsinterval>
<displayupdatepopup>true</displayupdatepopup>
<displayincrementalupdatepopup>false</displayincrementalupdatepopup>
</epg>
</advancedsettings>

I realize there may be some "Weird" entries in this, but it was just to try and smooth out the live streaming etc for the pvr iptv functionality. The above worked fine on my previous version of XBMC Gotham, but not on KODI Jarvis for some reason. On KODI Jarvis, it imported "Some" of the watched status' and some drives it just never bother finding anything. As mentioned above, the single entry with the watched status with nothing else from the original file works perfectly, so it must be one of the other lines that is causing the problem.

If I can just get an idea why all of a sudden this doesn't work any more with the latest KODI, I can get some sleep at night....... Hopefully.

Most appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watch state from nfo file not importing.0