OS X 192kHz/24bit playback problem
Hi
I got a problem with using Eden rc2, if I try to play 192kHz/24bit or even higher resolution file the Xbmc freeze.
I can't do anything just force to quit.
I tried to play same files with other player or even the older xbmc and it was OK.
(mac mini 2011, lion)
Eden final just came out today. See if that fixes your issue. If not, post debug logs (wiki)
(2012-03-25, 00:08)Ned Scott Wrote: Eden final just came out today. See if that fixes your issue. If not, post debug logs (wiki)
I tried but it's the same Sad, I just uninstalled and installed 10.1 and it works .
What info's do you need to find out what the problem is?
sorry about that, the link wasn't working. Click on it again and it will explain how to enable debugging and how to post your log to pastebin.com
(2012-03-25, 10:02)Ned Scott Wrote: sorry about that, the link wasn't working. Click on it again and it will explain how to enable debugging and how to post your log to pastebin.com

here is the log : http://pastebin.com/cXxgeaig
config is : mac mini 5,1, lion 10.7.3 .
do you need more info?
XBMC is trying to use the native sample-rate, but it appears that your receiver or TV does not support that... In previous versions it would have down-sampled to 48kHz or 44.1kHz. I would need to dig-in to find out what else is going on...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Oh so thats the problem , I'll get back my DAC soon (m2tech young) which support 384/32bit than I'll try again.
Thanks
I received my dac back , it can handle 384kHz/32bit and the problem is still exist Sad .
do you need more info to find out what cause the problem?
I don't think that your issue is related to XBMC.
Apple CoreAudio API does not support 192KHz/8 channels sample format.
Probably, what happens with other media player and with old versions of XBMC is that the core track inside the hd track is extracted and bit streamed to yuor receiver in place of the original hd track. The core track is 48Khz/6 channels and therefore fully supported by CoreAudio.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
192kHz/24bit playback problem0