Shared library: can't add video source
So I have shared library set up on all my systems and it works great. The problem I am having however is setting up a "video" path. I have home movies and other things I would like to set a path to (not included in the library). When I restart XBMC, the path is gone... I have to re-add it each time I restart XBMC... I have the exact same problem with the path to my images. I have to re-add the path at each restart.
Are you just browsing, or actually "Adding" the source?
I choose "add source" and add the path. It stays there until I restart the system... but then the path goes away. This also happens on my XBMC library... The "tv" and "movie" libraries load via the advancedsettings, but the actual paths are gone. Meaning, I can see the TV and MOVIE directories under "videos/files" but I can not edit the source. My only options are (play, add to favorites, mark as unwatched, mark as watched, update library).But I can't edit the path or do anything else.
My guess is you're adding a win32 path, which isn't supported by mysql in Eden.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Isnt it possible to have a shared library among all the xbmc machines and still have a "video" path locally on just one machine? I mean what do I do with "home video's" and such that I want to watch that would not scrape into the library?
You can add the "Home Videos" folder, but exclude it from being scraped to the library. You'll have to play these items with the videos file mode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shared library: can't add video source0