[request] artist bio scraper for streamed or new music
Hello guys,

I am a massive fan of the Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon... made a huge difference to my enjoyment of XBMC.

Often I have friends over who bring a few tracks on a memory stick, and I love the way this add on can ON THE FLY, go and get images of the current artist. It will do this even with the (also great) new spotify addon or even if I am using the Radio addon to play KCRW etc...

so

I would VERY much like to be able to read the artist bio while full screen... so for a scraper that also ON THE FLY, will get the artist bio info and display that full screen, as it would if I added those tracks to my XBMC library. AFAIK there is no such ability, I have searched for an add on that can do that...

Is there one, if not, is it possible?

Thanks!
Mark.
the artist slideshow addon already does this.

it doesn't only download artist images, but also artist bio, a list of album made by this artist and a list of similar artists.

it's up to the skin to display any of this info or not.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-05-12, 14:05)ronie Wrote: the artist slideshow addon already does this.

it doesn't only download artist images, but also artist bio, a list of album made by this artist and a list of similar artists.

it's up to the skin to display any of this info or not.

Hi Ronie! Great to hear from YOU (as far as I remember, one of the major reasons why I can enjoy the artist slideshow in the first place, and the reason why I'm a happy donor to xbmc...

It does not work on any of my systems, ubuntu and windows. The slideshow works perfectly, and so does the scraping of track lyrics, but the bio never shows. I tried many different artists. I also changed the default scraper in Settings from allmusic (I have the allmusic.xml hack to get the scraping from allmusic working) to lastFM just in case it was not working due to allmusic.

In Settings>Music, xbmc is set to get additional artist information too...

My process is this

1/ plug in usb memory stick
2/ go to Music>Files
3/ Navigate into 0.5gb memory
4/ select a file and press Enter to play
5/ press Tab to enter full screen mode
6/ press the "i" button at the bottom...

Artist slideshow shows images, I can get lyrics, but no bio...

Any ideas why?
Thanks,
Mark.
(2012-05-13, 11:35)fredphoesh Wrote: Any ideas why?

you only need to do two things,
first, in the artist slideshow addon settings, enable 'download additional artist information'
second, use a skin that displays this info on the visualization screen (T! does not support it atm)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-05-13, 17:36)ronie Wrote:
(2012-05-13, 11:35)fredphoesh Wrote: Any ideas why?
(T! does not support it atm)

OOOOOO.... I thought T! would be the prime choice!
is there a list of alternatives that do support that, I'd hate to not use T! as it is my favourite for its display of artwork... so I hope that gets implemented sometime soon Wink

tx
Mark.
(2012-05-14, 09:38)fredphoesh Wrote: OOOOOO.... I thought T! would be the prime choice!
it will be.. i've just added it to the svn version of T!
(2012-05-14, 09:38)fredphoesh Wrote: is there a list of alternatives that do support that

nope, but i *think* Aeon NOX does support it.. or was it Aeon MQ3...
wouldn't hurt to test both to see if it works ok with your USB tunes :-)
Hi Ronie, I've see that you're an expert and nobody can reply my question so far, here is. I have my music in Mode : Music - Files, why? because I have so many albums with differents artist, so I've put those under a unique Artist or Theme, for instance artist : Salsa, and inside all of the folder with differentes albums with salsa music, and the others files like fanart, folder, cdart. etc. the only think that I can't see is the artist biography but I understand there is no such a biography for an artist called "salsa" but I did the nfo file manually and rename like artistbio.nfo, didn't work, do you know if is possible to see the artist biography manually created in the fullscreen mode? I can see the other stuff, cdart, folder, fanart, lyrics, slideshow, but no biography. let me know your help will be very appreciated

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[request] artist bio scraper for streamed or new music0