libarchive (3.0.3-6ubuntu1) is default on ubuntu 12.04
Archive formats supported are:
* tar (read and write, including GNU extensions)
* pax (read and write, including GNU and star extensions)
* cpio (read and write, including odc and newc variants)
* iso9660 (read only, including Joliet and Rockridge extensions, with some
* zip (read only, with some limitations, uses zlib)
* mtree (read and write)
* shar (write only)
* ar (read and write, including BSD and GNU/SysV variants)
* empty (read only; in particular, note that no other format will accept an
* raw (read only)
* xar (read only)
* rar (read only, with some limitations)
* 7zip (read and write, with some limitations)
but I think xbmc built (official ubuntu repository) it is with no rar support...
" *rar support is disabled due to Debian policy, which we hope to resolve soon by switching to libarchive, which Andres is personally working on as well. The guy is a unstoppable! " ... thanks @amet for the info ...
FAST SOLUTION :
- remove the default xbmc on ubuntu 12.04
- install with this repository :
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:nathan-renniewaldock/xbmc-stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc
right now .rar on legendas.tv (XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script ) works perfectly!
@amet, thank you for support
-- pt br --
Luis, é só instalar o xbmc com o repositorio acima indicado, que todas as legendas do legendas.tv usando o XBMC Subtitles - Addon vão funcionar perfeitamente.
O problema é a falta de suporte para arquivos .rar no xbmc do repositorio do ubuntu no 12.04, possivelmente vão corrigir no futuro.
(2012-05-08 22:03)amet Wrote:
(2012-05-08 21:01)jrstravino Wrote:
is it a rar archive? is the xbmc built with rar support?
Yes it is in rar, always worked with all versions of xbmc,
but with the default xbmc eden in the repositories of ubuntu 12.04 the subtittles addon with legendas.tv is not working anymore.
Using the addon with opensubtitles.org files are also in. RAR and works. I do not understand why the legendas.tv no longer works?
opensubtitles is not rar, its zip... reason why there is no support for rar in ubuntu can be found on http://xbmc.org/theuni/2012/04/10/xbmc-a...to-debian/