Win Sound Problems (still...)
My receiver is an NS-AV511, which is a 5.1 receiver and has HDMI pass through... I also had it connected directly to my Sharp LCD TV and still only saw Stereo...

I'll have to check what it shows for supported audio formats...

Not sure how to use Extron EDID...
(2012-11-09, 18:08)nperkins Wrote:
(2012-11-09, 18:02)bluray Wrote: Are you trying to configure for bitstreaming? The latest ATI Catalyst is 12.10. You can follow the instructions in SETUP section in this thread- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.........

Yes I'm trying to do Bitstreaming, but I'm not even getting as far as XBMC... My control panel doesn't show the options for anything other than stereo, the same as this thread.

From what I gather in my research, I think this may be a solution...

Download Catalyst 12.1
Download CCleaner
Uninstall ALL AMD/ATI drivers.
Delete AMD/ATI Directories
Run CCleaner

Boot into Safe Mode...
Install/run Driver Sweeper

Install Catalyst 12.1..

Does that sound about right?
I noticed you installed Realtek codecs too. You need to un-install it, and reboot HTPC with HTPC connected to AVR-->HDTV via two HDMI cables. You can keep both AVR and HDTV on while reboot HTPC. You need to properly selected HDMI audio output in HTPC Windows control panel and properly selected HDMI audio input in AVR.......

If you did all the above and you still don't see DTS-HD/TrueHD options in Windows control panel, you can try different HDMI input port on AVR or another HDMI cable......sometime, the HDMI port can be bad or HDMI cable can be bad....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
i ran driver sweeper which got rid of all drivers.. installed catalyst 12.1 and still have only stereo..

supported formats only shows two channels as well...
Perhaps time to have a look here http://www.avsforum.com/t/1091403/edid-override-thread or http://www.avsforum.com/t/1227161/edid-o...-ati-5xxxs
(2012-11-09, 22:00)nperkins Wrote: i ran driver sweeper which got rid of all drivers.. installed catalyst 12.1 and still have only stereo..

supported formats only shows two channels as well...
Have you try different HDMI port or HDMI cable? I had problem with one of my older AVR HDMI port and older HDMI cable in the past....

If you did all the above, it is time to Google EDID as Steelman suggested....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Uninstalled everything again, ran CCleaner, then DriverSweeper, all without a reboot, then rebooted, then had 640x480 vga... Installed latest Catalyst 12.10 just to get the video working correctly so that I could head out to run errands, and voila! It works with 5.1!! The only other thing I happened to do at the same time but not sure if it has any effect or not was turned off CEC on the receiver.. I turned it back on after 5.1 started working, and its still working, so far so good...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound Problems (still...)0