[FIXED] Eden large number of files in share take much longer to read than in Dharma
Title kinda sums it up. I am using an ION over wired 1gb. I have an SMB share that has roughly 1400 files/folders. On Dharma, navigating to this directory from "Videos" would take about 2-3 seconds as it populated the list, and going Back from 1 level deep would be instant. Under Eden, I'm experiencing a 15-20 second delay everytime I access this root share. It doesn't matter if I come from "Videos" or go back from 1 folder level deep, it always pauses forever.

Is there anything to be done? I know SMB received some work in Eden, but TBH I wasn't having problems in Dharma and now I'm experiencing this huge delay. It is making navigation quite a chore.

Thanks! Let me know if any files are needed/would help.

beezel
Enable debugging and post the log, I have seen on my own ION system it is taking a bit longer to load thumbnails and high response times against large 800+ files and TV folders.
I'm having similar problems. The delays are so long that it's essentially useless.
I managed to fix this. It looks like default behavior for a folder now includes the "Stacking" option. Disabling this led me back to very fast read times. I guess it hangs things up as it parses through and sees what might need Stacking.

Hope this helps someone!
The Debug Log will show you what's going on.

Stacking (or not) shouldn't really make a difference.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FIXED] Eden large number of files in share take much longer to read than in Dharma0