Win Finds network shares but can't find files
I'm not very technical, just picking stuff up as I go along. I have an HTPC that holds my movies and recorded TV shows. The movies are on it's own hard drive and the TV shows are in a folder on a separate hard drive. I'm sharing, with any PC on my homegroup in windows 7, both the drive the movies are on and the folder that the TV shows are in.

I successfully added both sources in XBMC using "Add network location" and then "Windows network (SMB), using the IP address of the HTPC. I then clicked the new share and then the specific drive/folder. The problem is that once I click the newly added source in XMBC, non of the sub-folders or files appear.

My first assumption is that it's a sharing/permission thing but I was able to go to my homegroup in windows explorer and search through the same folder/drive that contained my movies and TV. So I'm guessing it's not permission related, but I don't know why the sub-folders and files aren't being displayed in XMBC.

Thanks/
Are you accessing them in file view or library view after addng the source? Did you set the sources' content properly? Are your files named is a way that XBMC is expecting for scraping the content? Use settings\file browser to browse the directories in question. If everything works in that, then XBMC should have no issues with the source.
I just upgraded to Eden. I just clicked "Videos" and then the name of my source, so I'm guessing it's just file view that I'm using. The TV source is listed as "(TV shows)" using the TVDB as the scraper and the movie source is listed as "(Movies)" with the MovieDB as the scraper.

I should have mentioned that XBMC on my HTPC can find/play all of the TV and movie sources without a problem. It's when I try playing them from a different PC that the files and folders aren't found within the sources I created.
I believe just clicking on Videos will take you to library view unless you enabled the skin setting to make it take you to file view by default. If nothing scraped properly it makes sense that those views would then be empty. Make sure you are viewing in file mode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Finds network shares but can't find files0