Empty Smart Playlist
I created a smart playlist named "Kids Movies". I made 2 rules. MPAA rating "G" and MPAA rating "PG". When I actually view the playlist it is shown as empty, not movies. I know for certain that I have these movies. I've updated my library and that doesn't seem to help either.

Ive watched several youtube videos, it seems I am doing it correctly. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!
Did you say it needs to fit both the rules or just one of the rules..?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-03-25, 23:14)Martijn Wrote: Did you say it needs to fit both the rules or just one of the rules..?

Both.

All my movies are located in one folder, if that makes a differences.
that won't work i think.

A movie is either MPAA rating "G" or MPAA rating "PG" and not both.
So that's why the playlist is empty because it doesn't find movie that have both the ratings
(2012-03-25, 23:47)Martijn Wrote: that won't work i think.

A movie is either MPAA rating "G" or MPAA rating "PG" and not both.
So that's why the playlist is empty because it doesn't find movie that have both the ratings

Interesting .. can you think of anyway to set up a smart playlist to show only G and PG movies?

Edit: It won't display any smart playlist. I tried MPAA rated G and Screen aspect 720. It seems I am doing something wrong when I am creating my smart playlist .. not sure what ..

Also, it won't let me delete my smart playlists. Could this be some error perhaps?
OK found it.

change the rule to
Quote:MPAA rating "Rated G"
MPAA rating "Rated PG"

This is because the database field contains "Rated G" so you need to match that whole string
(2012-03-26, 00:28)Martijn Wrote: OK found it.

change the rule to
Quote:MPAA rating "Rated G"
MPAA rating "Rated PG"

This is because the database field contains "Rated G" so you need to match that whole string

Awesome, good information to know but still does not fix my situation. I changed the rules to what you have suggested and updated my Pre-Eden to 11.0.

It seems every playlist I create is empty. I've made several now, all with different rules, following videos on youtube to make sure I do it all correctly. For some reason mine are not working .. I appreciate your help, hopefully we can figure this out.
you do have you movies scanned into the library i hope?

Some examples:

If you want movies in a certain folder you need to do "path begins with/contains"

maybe change the rating to "ends with ... R"
Make sure you require it to only match one of the rules, not both of them.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-03-26, 00:45)Martijn Wrote: you do have you movies scanned into the library i hope?

Some examples:

If you want movies in a certain folder you need to do "path begins with/contains"

maybe change the rating to "ends with ... R"

I figured it out, and you were right to begin with. You cant have both PG and G. I'm just going to have to play around with all the different settings to see what I can get.

Thanks for the help.
You set-up one playlist for Rated R (call it R_Ratings)
You set-up another for Rated PG (call it PG_Ratings)
You set up one more playlist call it PG&G_Ratings with rule
'Playlist is R'
'Playlist is PG'
one or more of the rules checked.

You'll get both, One more way to skin the cat.
You possibly don't even need that, assuming each rule is a bunch of OR's as well. You can just add all your rules with match set to "one or more of the rules".
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Empty Smart Playlist0