Milkdrop stereo 3D mode?
hello,

is there any way to activate the original 3d stereo mode from milkdrop, in the regular version of winamp that i use i can enable this feature with f9. however, i cannot find a way to enable it on the xbox...

this is a really cool feature that makes the visualizations into 3d when using 3d (green-red) glasses.
sure, just haxxor the source. might be a bit tricky since i dont think this is a ".ini" setting. (but i havent really checked)

fyi - this is a reply i made in a "special tone" because it's obvious the option isn't there at the moment, and then asking if it's possible is quite umm - weird.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i asked the guy who ported md, and it's nothing that is currently possible.

also, i'm moving topic to where it belongs.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(pike @ june 01 2005,06:15 Wrote:fyi - this is a reply i made in a "special tone" because it's obvious the option isn't there at the moment, and then asking if it's possible is quite umm - weird.
a lot of people feel more comfortable about asking an obviouusly false question than making a request.

i had a girlfriend a couple years ago who would instead of saying
"can you take out the garbage for me?" would habitually say
"do you want to take out the garbage?". i got her out of it eventurally...
eh. well you really got me there. not. i actually thought there maybe was a way, i thought the guy who ported it maybe put this function in and you could enable it by hitting a certain combination of buttons or something.

if i knew there was no way of doing it i would have said; -

"hey guys can you please add the 3d stereo mode for milkdrop, it's cool."

so i guess that's what i'm saying. i find the tone on some of these forums quite strange at times.  :verysad:
hi, i dug up two pairs of those 3d glasses (red on left, blue on right) and learned that you can switch milkdrop to 3d mode by pressing f9 (after specifying the colors of the glasses in the settings).

i just wanted to know if it is currently possible to enable in xbmc, or if maybe it would be implemented in the future.

let me know, thanks!
sorry about posting in the wrong place, but i really wasn't sure if it was possible atm or not (i figured maybe there would be a setting for it in a configuration file that i wasn't sure about, as i saw nothing about it in the visualization settings).

and just for the record, i do remember searching the forum but may not have used the same wording to dig up this thread.

and to asteron my mom does the same thing all the time. this really was a question rather than a suggestion though. with some interested people though, i do hope for the option. but no begging or pressure, because i know xbmc dev'rs are hard at work on a lot of other fixes/additions.
when i open the .milk files in a texteditor i see this option:
bredbluestereo=0

i'm not at home right now so i can't test changing this, anyone who know if it has something to do with this?

//mammuth
Sad 
i was playing with milkdrop in winamp and had fun setting it to go 3-d. it looks absolutely amazing on my monitor, but i can only imagine what it'd look like on my, much bigger, tv.

i peeked about in the milkdrop xml file, but of course there's nothing there to enable the 3-d mode. is it a possibility or would it be too taxing for the xbox to pull off?
well that's sweet, i did a search and this thread didn't even come up. and what about my thread made it sound like a feature suggestion? sounds like i was "generally discussing" whether or not it would be a possability or if it would be taxing on the xbox hardware.

rock on.
this would be great if somebody added it..
but which button would we press to toggle 3d mode.. hmmm
:thumbsup:
Sad 
just a question:
if you use red/green glasses, you would't see any colours, would you?
what fun is it to watch milkdrop in black/white? Huh
latest milkdrop now supports stereo 3d mode.

you can turn it on and off through the milkdrop settings menu.

the default colours are red and blue so if your glasses are different you can change the colours in the milkdrop.xml file after you have ran milkdrop at least once (it writes the default settings to the xml for you).

let me know if it works as i don't have any glasses to test it with. Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Milkdrop stereo 3D mode?0