• 9(current)
What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version?
(2014-01-15, 12:28)p33tew Wrote: Xbmc needs to be more simpler...what do I mean by that. Why do yo have to download a repo when there is already one there? Why not have them joined?
Have a default setup if you have a hdmi to TV connection & audio or spdif etc have standard profiles which work out of the box.
Have a wizard to guide you thru the setup of your setup.

Have an app store where you see all the addon etcs rather then guess what they are meant to do. Have tags which relate correctly.
Have a preview of what each setting in layout does...and be able to revert it.
Dont link any sort of social media to xbmc its a media center not a social center!!! You have a phone, tablet and laptop for that!

Well, not everyone who can submit to our repo chooses to, and some add-ons aren't allowed (IceFilms, 1Channel, etc, obviously).

As for the other stuff, we're getting there. Check out nightly builds (wiki) and you'll see a lot of this is already in. Settings now all have descriptions, and in the future we can probably expand that to "setting content" and other areas. Settings can now be reverted to a default state for the first time in XBMC's history (without having to delete everything). Default audio is a lot more standard and out-of-the-box for the majority of setups out there. Screen shots and even video trailers for add-ons have been discussed to help people preview add-ons before downloading them.

And yes, I think it's safe to say that we're not interested in adding integrated facebook to XBMC :D
(2014-01-15, 12:36)Ned Scott Wrote: Screen shots and even video trailers for add-ons have been discussed to help people preview add-ons before downloading them.
That sort of thing is best done on the new add-on webpage I believe.

For add-ons what would be great in my opinion is being browse the website via a tablet, then any I decide I like I can do a "Send to XBMC device" and choose the device like I can on the Google Play store webpages.
(2014-01-15, 12:56)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-01-15, 12:36)Ned Scott Wrote: Screen shots and even video trailers for add-ons have been discussed to help people preview add-ons before downloading them.
That sort of thing is best done on the new add-on webpage I believe.

For add-ons what would be great in my opinion is being browse the website via a tablet, then any I decide I like I can do a "Send to XBMC device" and choose the device like I can on the Google Play store webpages.

I would LOVE to see a remote install from the add-on showcase as well.

I think though it was brought up that if we had standard screen shots for a skin or something on the add-on site, then it would also be cool to show it in XBMC. I know some (all?) skins actually have screenshots in a zip file on the repo as well, but I was never really clear on what those were for.
Is this thread for V13 or V14? because I have a request (partial bug..... but not really...) I'd like to suggest, probably late for 13.
Support for play DSD - Direct Stream Digital (SACD), now ffmpeg have decoder for DSD:

https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/...01ba47a74f
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version?1