• 2(current)
What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version?
Possible to make separate moviedb.
Kids/main movies not the cripled smartlist of profiles way.
That's still 1 big miss with xbmc where wmc+mb made it better with databases and entry points.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Ok here are my wishes Smile

1. a better parent control. Profiles or master user are ok but the select profile window or the password prompt must come after suspend. I think many users use the suspend function to start there xbmc over a remote control.

2. rating and votes update without new scan

Otherwise is the rest of xbmc for me perfect.

Greets
Eisi
(2012-03-27, 07:54)bossanova808 Wrote: Abstraction from specific file names/paths - moving to using the logical entity instead.
Oh how dreamy, I fantasize about this feature weekly ;-) But alas it would require significant DDL changes and would complicate the schema a bit.

(2012-03-27, 07:58)jmarshall Wrote: The problem with that one is you have to know where the file is. The trick is to use a hash of the file to detect dupes on scan (in case user scans new location) and if the file isn't there, check whether it might have moved (eg is the source gone as well?) and ask the user to correct things. The latter is something that wouldn't take too much to do right away - an ideal project for someone wishing to get their feet wet. The second would require some changes in the db which would be slightly more work.
jmarshall, an alternative approach would be the separate the logical identity of the abstract media element and the media file(s) themselves - you would not need to use file hashes to detect dups, nor care if files are moved as long as the new location gets scanned. This forum probably isn't the place for such technical discussions, but if you are interested I'd be happy to talk through what I mean by this via PM or gChat.
-Thracx

"Man wants to know, and when he ceases to do so, he is no longer a man."
-Fridtjof Nansen
(2012-03-26, 15:46)amet Wrote:
(2012-03-26, 15:42)zag2me Wrote: - XBMC social network

yeah right, like that will ever happen Big Grin

If it ever did happen, I think it would be time to look for a new media center

Noli illegitimi carborundum

(2012-03-27, 15:45)Mudislander Wrote: If it ever did happen, I think it would be time to look for a new media center

Rofl

and I agree Big Grin
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-03-27, 08:14)TRaSH Wrote: Possible to make separate moviedb.
Kids/main movies not the cripled smartlist of profiles way.
That's still 1 big miss with xbmc where wmc+mb made it better with databases and entry points.

That's been a request since the dawn of time Smile

The main problem is how do you handle it in the GUI in an easy way and make its setup also easy.

Having 3 different music or 5 different movie databases would be utterly awesome. I know I have a collection of media that could use this.
(2012-03-27, 15:46)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-03-27, 15:45)Mudislander Wrote: If it ever did happen, I think it would be time to look for a new media center

Rofl

and I agree Big Grin
What, you don't want to +1 and Like and Tweet about all your Movies and TV Shows after you watch them? lol.... :=)

Comic, in case you haven't seen it.
-Thracx

"Man wants to know, and when he ceases to do so, he is no longer a man."
-Fridtjof Nansen
(2012-03-27, 07:58)jmarshall Wrote: The problem with that one is you have to know where the file is. The trick is to use a hash of the file to detect dupes on scan (in case user scans new location) and if the file isn't there, check whether it might have moved (eg is the source gone as well?) and ask the user to correct things. The latter is something that wouldn't take too much to do right away - an ideal project for someone wishing to get their feet wet. The second would require some changes in the db which would be slightly more work.

File hashing could be a really nice addition and added without much change to the rest of xbmc.

There is a standard hashing algorithm with C code available that themoviedb and opensubtitles.com also uses. The calculation time doesn't add much to the overhead at all from experience.

In the future I could see them being used for lightening quick scraper imports as well.
I'll throw my suggestions into the pot:

1) Picture-in-Picture: Currently in Eden's Add-on Video [playing], you have the overlay of video controls (rewind, stop, play fast forward, close caption, etc.) for what is on the screen now. When you hit backspace, the video addon menu appears. You can scroll through the choices and when you select, the main video window quits playing the current selection, displays the generic video wallpaper, and the lower right, shows the loading circle to denote it is trying to load the new selection.

***What I'd like*** is in the menu of choices, once the currently video is playing, is that a small window to the right of the screen loads the scroll selection. Yes, I know that it would take resources to actually to stream two different (and possibly HD) videos which precludes many older systems (CPU and GPU), but since we can do it now within web browsers, we should be able to make a second [preview] player.

2) Stored relative paths. I've installed several repositories outside of XBMC's main one. I download the zips to a single directory, fire up XBMC and go to System --> Addons --> Install from zip. And for each one, I have to scroll through selections and sub menus each time for the zip directory.

***What I'd like*** would be System --> Addons --> Install from zip selection then next selection --> install all or some. With 'All' you point to the directory and it installs all the zips in the directory. 'Some' allows you to point to the zips directory then select with one mouse click or using shift or control to make multiple selections --> then okay to install. If that is not possible then at least have XBMC remember where I pointed to for the first zip file so that subsequent Install from zip selections will go back to the same directory/folder of the first time -- instead of clicking through again to drive, directory/subfolder.

3) Visual XBMC: ***What I'd like*** is to have a program in the style of Visual C++ that shows on the fly UI and back-end development for XBMC itself and/or addon development.

I'd love to see some more intuitive ways of managing the library locations. When I first set it up I had no idea how to add the locations of my files. I assumed there'd be a place to add them in settings under video and audio headings.

I'd also love to see an easier way to choose the artwork downloaded. Now, what happens is the season artwork isn't of the same set of images and looks poor, to have one images from various image styles. Would be nice to have a more convenient way to manage this.
(2012-03-27, 19:21)rdonohoe Wrote: I'd also love to see an easier way to choose the artwork downloaded. Now, what happens is the season artwork isn't of the same set of images and looks poor, to have one images from various image styles. Would be nice to have a more convenient way to manage this.

This can already be done by using Artwork Downloader and the get thumb from XBMC itself.
I agree that having the season posters+ main poster from the same set would be great however this info isn't provided by TVDB
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Anything that is currently an add-on and works great as an add-on will stay as an add-on. More things that are in XBMC core will eventually break away and also become add-ons. They might be included-by-default add-ons or not, but they will still be add-ons. This more modular approach to XBMC will allow updates for things between major releases, decrease bloat, decrease settings bloat, decreased application size, etc.
I really believe this is the best approach. For the end-user they get a system that's highly customizable, adding only what they want or need. For developers, especially core, testing becomes easier and timelines are less dependent on outside sources. Add-on developers will have to understand that testing and development may be a one person shop more than before. Basically the strength of the add-on idea will show how many people are willing to test and help.

A couple things to note for all of us as we grow, test and contribute to XBMC. Question 1: From Ned's team, will you all consider what is core functionality by version or by road map? I mean will your team say for Frodo we will slice off A, B, C from "core" to become an add-on, or will your team say that a road map will say A and C will become add-ons in the next version, and then in the subsequent version, B will become an add-on. I know it sounds like semantics but there are differences.

Question 2: Now that a version control document has been set by Question #1, what things become the main add-on repository? (Even deeper, could this main repo be an add-on in itself so that core is not dependent on repo add-ons for releasing versions?) Also, I know a wiki is available for unofficial repos, so is it possible to build an add-on scraper to hunt for the unofficial repos?

(2012-03-27, 21:29)Ned Scott Wrote: Anything that is currently an add-on and works great as an add-on will stay as an add-on. More things that are in XBMC core will eventually break away and also become add-ons. They might be included-by-default add-ons or not, but they will still be add-ons. This more modular approach to XBMC will allow updates for things between major releases, decrease bloat, decrease settings bloat, decreased application size, etc.

I would like to see:

Support for DTS Audio files
Support for DTS Audio Iso Images
Full TV integration
PVR support
Parental control based on ratings
BluRay Menus (I am not sure, but VLC seems to get something started)
"Earth" Screensaver from PS3 :-)

i hope add this in future

1 - a keyboard shortcut for change channels up and down when im stream a linux receiver like dreambox there is no method to change the channel without the playlist
i think when im change it directly with a keyboard button will be the best

note: when im change the channel directly from the remote of dreambox nothing changed end xbmc freezing

2 - also and it is possible to add support for epg - now the epg just for time - like this ( example 120 minute from 7h to 9h )

3 - add support for record the streaming like vlc

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127248
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version?1